Position Title: Guest Services Coordinator
Reports To: Guest Services Manager
Programs Department: Guest Services
Under the direct supervision of the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Services Coordinator’s key
responsibilities include back-up coordination of the guest services function in support of the Guest
Services Department, and overseeing nightly operations at the annual Garden of Lights event.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with the hiring, training and orientation of new Guest Services staff to ensure that new
employees are well acclimated to the various work sites and able to fully perform the guest
- Assist in managing to ensure excellent customer service in all front-line guest service activities,
including ticketing, interpretation, guest relations, safety, incident response, etc.
- Assist in managing all elements cash management including cash boxes, charge card sales, and
cash registers, including reconciliations of cash boxes in a timely manner and reporting of cash
overages/shortages as appropriate.
- Collect guest statistics at all sites including daily attendance, tours, special events, etc.
- Respond to guest inquiries or concerns and resolve problems and complaints with the goal of
ensuring the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Assist in developing work schedules for all sites to ensure adequate coverage during regular
hours and special events.
- Provide support & training with Point of Sale systems to staff as needed.
- Participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures and work to ensure Guest
Services staff adheres to the established policies and procedures.
- Assist in managing to ensure quality staff training for new exhibits and/or procedures as
- Assist with the nightly operations of the annual Garden of Lights event by managing the Guest
Services staff working during the event, fielding guest inquiries and problem solving challenges
with ticketing and guest satisfaction.
- Other Duties as assigned.
III. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory and three (3) years customer support/service experience.
- Experience working with point-of-sale cash register system or comfortable working in computer
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of and direct responsibility for effective supervisory principles and practices and
excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills to be used with individuals
- Knowledge of MS Office software with sufficient skills to develop appropriate tools to create and
track contracts, schedules, etc.
- Ability to skillfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously; skill in working in an environment
subject to constant interruptions and quickly changing priorities; ability to prioritize and
delegate responsibilities when necessary; effective time-management skills.
- Demonstrated common sense ability to schedule projects, address interruptions in process, and
provide reliable follow-through on assigned projects in a complete, well conceived, and timely
- Excellent verbal skills to include tact, creativity, calm demeanor, and excellent crisis
- Able to work independently or as part of a team. Excellent interpersonal skills with staff,
volunteers, vendors, donors, potential customers, and community contacts. Able to work as a
cooperative team member, think creatively, and facilitate a superior guest experience.
- Able to meet and work with people (visitors, volunteers, staff, and potential customers),
articulate a clear understanding of Turtle Bay Exploration Park’s mission and vision, and
accommodate public speaking needs, as appropriate.
- Able to calculate basic math problems and accurately estimate event costs, project volunteer
staffing needs, etc.
- Able to problem solve independently or as part of a team and able to study a challenging
situation and logically solve needed matters.
- Must be able to work independently and work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and
extended days, as needed.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or be able to acquire within ten (10) days.
Provide a clean DMV report.
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years old and able to serve alcohol if required at fundraising
- This position does not require a bilingual person.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.Minimum Education and Experience