Position Title: Guest Services Manager
Reports To: Chief Operations Officer
Programs Department: Guest Services
Under the supervision of the Chief Operations Officer, the Guest Services Manager is primarily responsible for providing supervision and coordination of the Guest Service department. In addition to that the Guest Services Manager oversees the Retail department and the Museum Store Supervisor.
II. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide supervision to the Museum Store Supervisor, Guest Services Coordinator, and Guest Services Attendants, including regular-status and seasonal employees.
- Provide feedback to the Chief Operations Officer regarding staff performance issues or other matters, as appropriate.
- Support the Retail department when needed with budget development and supervision guidance.
- Responsible for training and assisting with orientation of new Guest Services Attendants to ensure that new employees are well acclimated to the various work sites and able to fully perform the guest services function.
- Manage to ensure excellent customer service in all front-line guest service activities, including ticketing, interpretation, guest relations, safety, incident response, etc.
- Manage all elements of cash management including cash boxes, credit card sales, and cash registers, including reconciliations of cash drawers in a timely manner and reporting of cash overages/shortages as appropriate.
- Assist in managing the POS/membership database with regards to programming new ticketing options, and ensuring accuracy of data entry by GS staff.
- Responsible for collection of visitor statistics at all sites including daily attendance, tours, special events, etc.
- Respond to customer inquiries or concerns and resolve problems and complaints with the goal of
ensuring the highest degree of guest satisfaction.
- Develop work schedules for all sites to ensure adequate coverage during regular hours and special events.
- Manage to ensure quality staff training for new exhibits and/or procedures as appropriate.
- Work alongside the Sheraton Hotel staff that schedule events rentals of Turtle Bay areas to ensure
seamless event setup/teardown, and schedule staff to assist accordingly.
- Other Duties as assigned
III. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory and two (2) years customer support/service experience.
- Minimum requirement of possessing a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (2) years experience working with point-of-sale cash register system and comfortable
working in computer environment.
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of budget development and management, to include expenditure projections, cost controls and accurately estimate event costs.
- Knowledge of and direct responsibility for effective supervisory principles and practices.
- Ability to skillfully organize and manage details, problem solve, and oversee diverse priorities and/or
multiple projects simultaneously and within deadlines independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal skills to include tact, creativity and calm demeanor with staff, volunteers, vendors,
donors, potential customers, and community contacts.
- Excellent crisis management skills and able to observe, recognize, and take action to correct potentially hazardous situations whether via actions by guests or problems with museum equipment or displays.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and extended days, as needed.
- Ability to learn the details of how a POS system functions and how it is programmed.
- Knowledge of MS Office software with sufficient skills to develop appropriate tools to create and track reports, schedules, etc.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license or be able to acquire within ten (10) days. Provide a clean DMV report.
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this job.Minimum Education and Experience