ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Performs all duties associated with student enrollment and records.
2. Communicates with parents, students, staff, etc. in person, by telephone, e‐mail or letter for the purpose of
resolving student enrollment and record problems, coordinating activities and processes, and providing
information on a variety of issues. May assist with meeting district and state absence notification
3. Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. student registration, enrollment, records, testing, grading,
summer school, home study) for the purpose of delivering services in conformance with established
4. Acts as receptionist, meeting the public and directing them to other areas as needed.
5. Diffuses potentially hazardous situations within the school site for the purpose of taking action and/or
directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
6. Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. update databases, standardized report generation,
prepare mailers, filing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting staff.
7. Oversees student assistants for the purpose of ensuring appropriate procedures are followed and/or
meeting work demands.
8. Processes documents and materials (e.g. student enrollment activities, test scores, student cum files,
schedule changes, student placement, progress reports, program credits) for the purpose of documenting,
recording and disseminating information to appropriate parties, facilitating communication among parties
and/or providing direction.
9. Supports assigned personnel for the purpose of providing clerical and secretarial assistance.
10. Assists with the scheduling of students as directed. May assist in establishing and maintaining the master
schedule and all related phases.
11. Responsible for student grade maintenance in system, reporting and necessary changes
For full Job Description: https://www.edjoin.org/JobDescriptions/500/guidance%20specialist%206-2015-20150615135209.pdf
Wage range: $18.54 to $26.06Minimum Education and Experience