UNDER SUPERVISION OF:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
1. Performs all duties associated with student enrollment and records.
2. Communicates with parents, students, staff, etc. in person, by telephone, e‐mail or letter for the purpose of resolving student enrollment and record problems, coordinating activities and processes, and providing information on a variety of issues. May assist with meeting district and state absence notification requirements.
3. Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. student registration, enrollment, records, testing, grading,
summer school, home study) for the purpose of delivering services in conformance with established
4. Acts as receptionist, meeting the public and directing them to other areas as needed.
5. Diffuses potentially hazardous situations within the school site for the purpose of taking action and/or
directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
6. Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. update databases, standardized report generation,
prepare mailers, filing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting staff.
7. Oversees student assistants for the purpose of ensuring appropriate procedures are followed and/or
meeting work demands.
8. Processes documents and materials (e.g. student enrollment activities, test scores, student cum files,
schedule changes, student placement, progress reports, program credits) for the purpose of documenting, recording and disseminating information to appropriate parties, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
9. Supports assigned personnel for the purpose of providing clerical and secretarial assistance.
10. Assists with the scheduling of students as directed. May assist in establishing and maintaining the master schedule and all related phases.
11. Responsible for student grade maintenance in system, reporting and necessary changes.
12. Responsible for assembling information for SST and 504 meetings.
13. Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties by phone, letter, e‐mail, and/or in
person (e.g. staff, parents, students, public agendas, etc.) for the purpose of providing information,
facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
14. Maintains and safeguards a variety of permanent records (e.g. enrollment, transcripts, cum folders) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information.
15. May perform general first aid, logs students accessing health services, conducts preliminary evaluation of ill students. Assists with district policy regarding administration of medicines at school. Refers to parents or administrator as appropriate.
16. May act as site testing coordinator for mandated testing programs, such as CAHSEE, SBAC, etc. Works with District Testing Coordinator.
17. May process identification cards for the site. May be responsible for the school daily bulletin. May issue all work permits and maintains necessary records.
18. Provides support for online learning registration, gathering pertinent information, maintaining necessary records and performing necessary reporting.
19. Answers phone and assists other personnel for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities. Acts as one of site substitute callers.
20. Must be able to meet and interact with employees and parents/guardians in routine situations, which
require tact, discretion, and courtesy.
22. Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant clerical experience, preferably in a school
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Must possess a valid First Aid Card and CPR Certificate. Valid California drivers’ license and evidence of insurance, access to an automobile, TB, and criminal justice fingerprint clearance.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and three years of relevant clerical experience preferably in a school environment.
All classified job descriptions are available online at:
APPLICATIONS: Current employees may submit a letter of intent with statement of qualifications. All others apply at https://www.edjoin.org/
Wage salary range: $18.00-$25.31/hour DOE, plus applicable degree stipendMinimum Education and Experience