TULELAKE BASIN JOINT UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Summary of Duties: Direct and participate in the operation of a school cafeteria that prepares meals for one or more school sites.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Directs and assists in the preparation, serving, and/or transporting of food for daily menus and special events.
- Requisitions food to meet projected menus.
- Assumes or assists in responsibility for overall quality and quantity of food served.
- Operates and maintains equipment. Ensures general sanitation and safety procedures.
- Directs and assists in the cleaning of dishes, pots and pans, utensils, kitchen equipment machines and sweeps and mops the food service area. Wipes down and cleans cafeteria tables.
- Prepare and maintain records regarding cafeteria operation.
- Supervises and/or conducts the inventory, ordering, and stocking, of all food and supplies.
- Supervises student help.
- Rotates stock to ensure proper usage.
- Obtains stored food from storage area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The essential functions of the job include all the duties and responsibilities as well as the physical demands listed herein.
General record keeping; methods of preparing, cooking, baking and serving; production kitchen operation and equipment; sanitation and safety requirement.
Keep records accurately; lift and /or move 50 pounds individually or with assistance; follow oral and written instructions; provide direction to others; communicate effectively and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work; prepare a variety of foods and baked goods; follow and modify a recipe; perform basic arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy; understand, implement, and give oral and written directions in English.
Supervision: Under minimal supervision, reports to the Superintendent. May receive direction and assistance from the Administrator/Supervisor