Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Closing Date: 6/3/2022
IMPORTANT: In compliance with the California State Health Officer’s order, this position requires employees provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and meet current CA Dept. of Public Health vaccination requirements by the apt. date.
Under general supervision, promotes community awareness of health and wellness issues; plans, organizes, and conducts health education programs; prepares and presents health education materials, provides outreach services for at risk populations, conducts education forums on priority health issues; provides case management services to clients and assists clients in accessing community services.
$23.02 – $28.05 Hourly / $1,841.60 – $2,244.00 Bi-Weekly
Bilingual incentive pay is +7.5% above the Health Educator salary
Examples of Duties
Plans, organizes, conducts, and evaluates community outreach programs, workshops, activities and conferences to promote health education, risk reduction, and healthy behaviors. | Determines target populations and identifies specific educational needs by conducting statistical, demographic and socio-cultural surveys and assessments. | Prepares and submits funding proposals to appropriate agencies and organizations. | Provides information and referrals to appropriate health service providers and/or other agencies. | Provides technical assistance and interpretation regarding current and pending community health regulations and laws to various government officials, businesses and organizations. | Recruits and organizes volunteer teams to assist in promoting health maintenance in specific community populations. | Provides leadership and work direction for the Health Education Assistant, regional youth outreach workers and health interns. | Performs various office/administrative duties as necessary, including preparing comprehensive reports and correspondence, compiling and analyzing statistical data for reports, maintaining files, etc. | Provides client education about the community health systems, focusing on access for the underserved populations. | Draft health policy documents, news releases, and special features on assigned health topics. | Performs related work as required.
Bilingual Candidates: Translates, interprets and otherwise communicates with members of the Spanish speaking community.
General concepts of public health and preventive medicine; Available community resources | Principles and practices of program management | Grant preparation and administration | Techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to all individuals contacted in the course of work | Concise business letter and report writing; Leadership concepts and principles
Bilingual Candidates: English and Spanish usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
Develop and implement effective health education programs | Speak effectively in public | Make accurate arithmetic, financial and statistical computations | Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work | Operate modern office equipment and specialized software applications programs
Bilingual Candidates: Use both Spanish and English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone and in writing
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in a health related field.
- One year of experience in a health care or mental health setting is highly desirable.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
LICENSE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license
- Bilingual Candidates: Must pass a Merit Systems Services written and/or oral bilingual proficiency test (or other appropriate test selected by the County) to qualify.
- Annual salary step increases based upon satisfactory performance and completion of 2,080 hours (Steps A to E).
- Approximately 80% of the premium for medical, dental, and vision plan is paid by the County. Current employee rates, as January 1, 2022, are $188.95/mo. (EPO plan). The plan covers the employee and all eligible family members.
- Approximately 80% of the premium for a $30,000 life insurance plan for the employee is paid for by the County.
- A retirement plan through CalPERS.
- A deferred compensation retirement savings plan is available to employees. For an employee who contributes a minimum of twenty five dollars ($25) per month into a County sponsored deferred compensation plan, the County will contribute a matching deposit ranging from twenty five dollars ($25) per month, up to a matching of sixty dollars ($60) per month, on behalf of the employee.
- An Employee Assistance Program is provided to all employees and employees’ family members at no cost.
Benefits also include an annual paid leave plan of:
- 96 hours of vacation (increases upon continuous years of service).
- 96 hours of sick leave.
- 13 paid holidays plus one 8 hour personal holiday.
To Apply: Apply online at www.governmentjobs.com and search for the job title.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
About Tehama County Health Service Agency
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what's most important, the overall health of our clients.
Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.