Rolling Hills Clinic
Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Locations: Corning & Red Bluff
Full Time, Non-Exempt, 40 hours per week
“Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy (Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.”.
The Health Information Advocate at Rolling Hills Clinics is responsible for compiling, processing, and maintaining electronic and traditional medical records of clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements. The Health Information Advocate will work directly with patients and providers to coordinate records and referrals to outside providers and services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer questions about Rolling Hills Clinic and provide the appropriate information needed to the persons inquiring.
- Verifies patient demographics are correct and current for every patient. Offers patient portal information.
- Process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards.
- Protect the security of medical records to ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Organize and maintain updated clinical files and records.
- Answer queries by searching and retrieving patient records according to regulations.
- Process all incoming and outgoing referrals.
- Create new patient records for incoming referrals.
- Schedule specialty patient referrals for first appointment
- Obtain prior authorizations as required for incoming and outgoing referrals.
- Maintain and process medical clearance documentation for dental procedures.
- Follow all required HIPAA and HITECH guidelines to process medical records requests.
- Keep records of incoming and outgoing records/requests.
- Maintain the Fax Inbox to ensure prompt response to all requests.
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities, and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA) certification required to be obtained within first 6 months of employment.
- 2 years of experience in a medical or dental office setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to perform work in a busy, high-stress clinic environment.
- Ability to work autonomously, using discretion as
- Ability to manage and maintain confidential
- Highly proficient in MS
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong editing/grammar/punctuation
- Strong attention to
- Strong organizational
- Demonstrate clear knowledge of Rolling Hills Clinic structure, standards, procedures, and protocols
- Must have ability to relate and communicate effectively with community interest groups, agencies, and medical facilities that serve the American Indian Community.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
Pre-employment Drug Testing and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance through Federal, State and Child Abuse Index is a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
A pre-employment Physical exam is required upon hire. You will be required to provide vaccination records to show proof of immunity for TB, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, TDAP & Hep B. If the records are more than 10 years old, titers are required to confirm immunity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply visit: https://rhclinic.org/employment/