Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
This recruitment will remain open until position is filled.
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
Salary: Depends on qualifications and experience. Salary is negotiable. Applicant may contact the department to request additional information regarding health benefits/retirement.
ABOUT THE AGENCY:
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what’s most important, the overall health of our clients. Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Nestled in the northern Sacramento Valley, Tehama County lies approximately midway between Sacramento and the Oregon border. The County sits alongside the beautiful Sacramento River and is only 50 miles west of Lassen National Park. Tehama County is the central point of
widespread recreation; with nearby camping, hunting, fishing, golfing, snow skiing, and boating resources as good as or better than anywhere in California. Tehama County is home to approximately 64,000 people. In our County’s small town atmosphere, you can experience the feeling of knowing your neighbors. Additionally, the mean travel time to work is only 23 minutes and the cost of living in Tehama County is lower than many other places in California.
About the Position:
As the Health Officer, under the direction of the Board of Supervisors, consults with the Health Services Agency Executive Director and Environmental Health Director on the medical aspects of public health and environmental health issues. They administer the enforcement of Federal, State and County health and sanitation laws and regulations and develop, oversee, approve, and monitor the nursing protocols defining public health nursing practices. In the performance of Physician-Surgeon duties, this position provides medical care for patients of the Health Services Agency Outpatient Clinic, Juvenile Detention Facility, Jail and other community health settings as assigned, as well as, provides leadership and clinical supervision to assigned medical/nursing staff. Admits and treats patients.
Examples of Duties
Administers medical care to patients in a clinic or community setting; including dispensing and injecting medications and providing medical treatments;
Supervises and instructs nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, medical assistants and nursing personnel in the care of surgical and medical cases.
- Provides clinical consultation with medical staff and provides medical services to patients with communicable diseases, food poisoning, etc.
- Provides liaison between the public health programs and the rest of the medical community for the purposes of coordination of medical and public health services and education.
- Coordinates County response to public health emergencies and disasters as required.
Education & Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with a medical degree
- Five (5) years of professional experience as a physician and surgeon, licensed in the State of California.
- Certification by the American Board of Preventive Medicine; or certification by the American Boards of Family Practice, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, or Internal Medicine, and
- Completion of a Master’s Degree from an accredited School of Public Health.
- Two years experience as a Public Health Officer, preferably in California.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License & Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license.
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, a national provider identifier (NPI).
- Requires a valid license to practice as a physician and surgeon issued by the Medical Board of California or the Osteopathic Medical Board of California.
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active licensure.
- Must be an enrolled provider in Medicare and Medi-Cal or eligible for enrollment.
- Requires a valid Controlled Substance Registration Certificate issued by the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Must not be excluded from participation in any federally funded health care program including, without limitation, Medicare or Medi-Cal.
How to Apply: Visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/tehama and search for the job title to apply online.
The department is recruiting to fill one (1) vacancy for a Health Officer OR Health Officer/Physician-Surgeon (see separate recruitment)
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Health Officer, as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please upload ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-528-3204 | Emily.Unger@tchsa.net
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT /VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE