HEALTH & SOCIAL SERVICES DRIVER
Temporary, non -benefited
SALARY – $13.43 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities
The Extra-Help/On-Call Driver will be responsible for transporting clients of the Mental Health Department, Alcohol & Drug Department, Family and Children Protective Services Department, and/or the Social Services Department to and from various treatment facilities or hospitals. The major duties of the job include:
- Accept assignments on a prearranged and on-call basis.
- Transport clients in County vehicle to assigned locations.
- Follow directions prescribed by Health and Human Department personnel.
- Provide CPR and First Aid in emergency situations.
- Refuel vehicle.
- Report any discrepancies in vehicle operation to the Health and Human Services Department.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent at the time of appointment.
- Provide a current DMV driving record.
- Possess a valid Class C driver’s license.
- Be at least 21 years of age at time of appointment.
- Demonstrate good moral character as determined by a thorough background check.
Application materials will be reviewed, and the best-qualified applicants will be invited to participate in interviews.
How to Apply
It is your responsibility to provide specific, accurate and complete information describing how you meet the minimum qualifications. An application may be obtained from the Personnel Office listed below or by visiting our website at http://lassencounty.org in the Personnel/Risk Management area, and the Resources tab. Qualified applicants are invited to submit an official Lassen County application to:
Lassen County Personnel Department (530) 251-8320
221 South Roop Street
Susanville, California 96130 Revised February 21, 2017
Lassen County is an equal opportunity employer hiring employment eligible applicants.
Disabled applicants who require special testing arrangements should contact the Personnel Department prior to the filing deadline.
In accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, applicants must provide acceptable proof of identity or authorization to work in the United States.
A thorough background investigation will be conducted prior to employment. The investigation may include reference checks, fingerprinting, credit check, driver history and inquiry to local, state and federal files to obtain criminal history information.
All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through any subsequent phase of the selection process.
Selection processes may include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following: application review, competitive screening, written examination, performance examination, and/or oral examination.
This bulletin is solely for the purpose of announcing a job opening. It does not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained herein may be modified or revised without notice.
Obtain a Lassen County application from the Personnel Office at the address listed below or by visiting our website at http://lassencounty.org