Sierra Pacific Industries
Help Desk / PC Technician
We are a third-generation family owned, family-oriented company where employees are respected, integrity is valued, and a strong work ethic is recognized and rewarded. We are looking for a Help Desk/PC Technician to become a valued member of our IT team that takes pride in providing excellent customer service to our users and directly contributing to the success of the Company. Position is based in Anderson, CA.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Actively support company IT operations throughout U.S., utilizing strong PC and network knowledge
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve technology issues by phone
- Provide positive results and best user experience by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding users through corrective steps
- Coach and demonstrate for users’ best practice problem-solving methods
- Build, diagnose, and repair PCs, laptops, cell phone, tablets, and printers
- Address various and concurrent issues with timely and effective follow-up and resolution
- Monitor file, device sharing, and permissions
- Troubleshoot various network and Wi-Fi issues to completion
- Install and support Microsoft, IBM iSeries, Adobe, and other business software and licensing
- 1+ years’ computer and/or network problem-solving experience in a business environment (commercial/large network environment a plus)
- Preference given to applicants with CCNA and/or A+ certifications or equivalent education
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft 365
- Working knowledge of Windows Desktop, Server operating systems, Active Directory, and Azure Active Directory
- Basic understanding of firewall rules, anti-virus software and other desktop security products
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP is preferable
- Business network (VPN, Wi-Fi, WAN’s & LAN’s), wireless, and VOIP skills are a plus
- Proven excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to successfully work in both independent and team environments
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are qualified and would like to join our team,
please send a cover letter referencing this position and a resume to:
Sierra Pacific Industries
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 496011
Redding, CA 96049
or apply online and view all our career opportunities at: spi-ind.com/careers
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with disabilities and veterans. We are a drug- and tobacco-free workplace.
The general wage range for this position at Sierra Pacific Industries is between $17 and $25 per hour, and is dependent upon a number of factors, including, but not limited to: relevant work experience, skill, knowledge, and/or education.