Greet and assist all guests of Mountain Hardware and Sports connecting them to the proper product and/or service. Maintains stock and organization of hardgoods with a focus on home elements and decor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourages and demonstrates the Mountain Hardware and Sports culture of exceptional guest service, teamwork, innovation, and fun! Works well independently and with others. Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed. No job is too small for any of our employees, if it serves our guests. Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism and courteousness to all Values our safety culture, our Core Values, values employee ownership and operation, our local community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment. Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
- Assist customers on sales floor
- Assist with processing and receiving for hardgoods and home elements items
- Unload, unpackage, and assemble merchandise and sales floor displays
- Stock shelves with incoming products accurately and efficiently
- Maintain working knowledge of new/current products
- Provide consumer with insights on products and fulfill special order requests
- Assist with maintaining cleanliness of the store including merchandising, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, etc.
- Provide general support as needed, including cashiering
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties:
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy
- Strong customer service in relation to retail; 1-2 years prior clothing/footwear experience preferred
- Outgoing and friendly
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights, climbing 12ft. ladders, stairs and accessing back stock space
- Ability and comfort walking on uneven surfaces
- Requires continuous physical activity including walking, standing, climbing, and lifting
- Communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to stand for an extended amount of time
- Computer proficiency on POS and Microsoft systems
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ladies and Gentlemen Need Apply
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance
- Must be able to wear a uniform
- Must enjoy serving people and having fun!
- Must display top notch customer service skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, and walk; talk and hear; taste and smell; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to lift/move 25 lbs. or more and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Telephones, PC, database, office supplies, and filing cabinets
- Handheld radio
- Industrial retail, warehouse, and unpackaging equipment
- Cash registers
- Snow removal equipment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Harsh outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration
Hiring Requirements: Reference Checks
Education Level: No Minimum Education Requirement
Requires a Driver’s License: No
Minimum Salary: 13.50- DOE Hour Maximum Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience)Minimum Education and Experience