Title: Home Visitor
Job #: HV-2103-01
Employment Details: Part-Time, Regular, Non-Exempt
25 hours/week, 52 weeks/year
Wage: $16.35 – $19.37 (DOEd.)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 900 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for a Home Visitor with a proven track record of social service experience. If you enjoy building relationships, hard work and innovation, providing excellence, and want to have fun with your fellow employees, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager, the Home Visitor will (with the assistance of parent(s) and/or guardian(s) of low income children 0-4 years old) assess, plan, and deliver appropriate activities designed to identify issues, meet family goals, and facilitate the learning and growth of all designated family members in a home based setting.
· AA degree in Social Service, Child Development, or related field
(BA degree in Social Service, Child Development, or related field. Coursework in Infant/Toddler Learning; Child Development; Human Development; and Child, Family, and Community desired)
· Two years of experience in related field desired
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to effectively communicate with community members and groups, managers, regulatory agencies, and families (both individually and in group settings)
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations in fields relevant to position
· Ability to organize documents accurately and write using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
· Basic math skills with the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent as well as to draw and interpret bar graphs
o Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
o Criminal background check required
o Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
o Pre-Employment drug test
o Pre-Employment TB test
o Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
o Must be currently vaccinated for COVID
· Assist supervisor in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment
· Recruit and enroll children and families from various segments of the community to ensure full enrollment and waitlists of assigned home-based program
· Conduct home visits to facilitate the delivery of all Head Start component areas
· Plan, coordinate, and conduct socializations and trainings for children and families according to the family needs assessment
· Ensure the screening and on-going assessment for each child
· Implement designated home-based program curriculum for each child and family
· Attend or facilitate meetings and trainings as directed by supervisor
· Actively participate in community collaborations and affiliations in order to advocate for Head Start children and families
· Perform recordkeeping including: written documentation, scheduled reports, and mandated reporting in a timely, accurate, and confidential manner
· Ensure regular communication with families regarding screenings, assessments, and surveys in order to provide needed information regarding medical, psychological, and social services
· Partner with the families on the caseload to identify child and family needs and appropriate ways of meeting those needs through family goals and referrals
· Refer families and children to resources within Shasta Head Start and community organizations for social services needs as necessary
· On-going professional development through education, role modeling, mentoring, and training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 15 paid holidays per year
Please visit our website, www.shastaheadstart.org, to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601 or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience