Job Title: Hotel Front Desk Agent
Department: Front Desk
Here’s what you do: (the essentials)
*Welcome our guest to the hotel in a caring friendly manner and help to make them feel at home when away from home.
Represent the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest’s stay. Welcome, register, and assign rooms and issue room keys or cards to the guests. Provide information about services available in the hotel and the community. Verify guest payment methods, and follow established credit-checking procedures. Works closely with housekeeping assigning and updating status of rooms. Coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Answering phone calls, taking reservations, check-in guests, check-out guests. Deal with customer complaints or refer dissatisfied customers to a manager. Keeps lobby and front desk area presentable at all times. Run night audit reports.
- Sell, register, and assign rooms to guests.
- Promote hotel facilities and services.
- Post charges to guest accounts: room service, food, liquor and telephone.
- Direct customers to their needed areas and be able to cross sell hotel amenities.
- Calculate bills, collect payments and maintain cash bank according to policies.
- The ability to achieve a monthly departmental loyalty program goal, through the promotion of the program.
· Manually balance and directly deposit credit cards.
· Ensure that all guest charges have been balanced and all appropriate reports have been run and all supporting documentation is attached to the appropriate reports.
- Audit individual reservations and group blocks for accuracy of information and billing.
- Safely drive to and from airport or desired destination using company vehicle
- Load and unload luggage from vans. Provide luggage handling services to and from rooms when needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of vans (inside and out) and fuel daily.
- Follow attendance policy by being on time for scheduled shifts, working scheduled shifts in full unless instructed otherwise by department supervisor, and providing notification to department supervisor as early as possible and preferably at least 2 hours prior to scheduled shifts if you are unable to work.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of computers, accounting, and front desk procedures.
· Typing and 10-key experience.
· Ability to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
· Ability to communicate and develop an effective working relationship with fellow associates, managers, outside representatives and agencies.
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with co-workers and others.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV record
- Shifts can be early morning, all day, afternoon, evening 7 days a week.
- Knowledge of local attractions.
- Ability to make change quickly and accurately.
- Ability to stand/walk continuously for extended periods of time (6 to 8 Hours)
- Must be able to lift repetitively list at least 50lbs for small durations.
- There are times when you may have to deal with an unhappy person; you do need to -know how to deal professionally, courteously and tactfully with the public and coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize well to meet deadlines
- Behaves with integrity, honesty and is open with guests and fellow associates.
Valid Drivers License
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
- Overnight (Preferred)
- Do you have hotel Experience
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place