Maintain the following areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly, and attractive manner to assure the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times in accordance with established policies and procedures and directions from the Supervisor: patient rooms, baths, showers and procedure rooms, laboratories, offices, entryways, lobby, hallways, emergency rooms, surgery, outbuildings, and any other areas related to the job responsibilities.
- Follow cleaning schedules, established policies and procedures and instructions from the Supervisor.
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures as instructed when a patient is discharged and/or transferred to another room/area to assure that the room is ready for new occupancy.
- Perform cleaning/sanitizing procedures in isolation room/areas as instructed and in accordance with established infection control policies and procedures.
- Assure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly manner for patient comfort and convenience.
- Clean all vacant areas as assigned to ensure that they are ready for occupancy.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, vents, light covers, room heating/cooling units, televisions, etc.
- Clean, wash, sanitize and/or polish all bathroom fixtures, including sinks, toilets, showers, etc.
- Clean windows inside and out and mirrors in every area of the facility.
- Clean all outbuildings in accordance with Supervisor’s instructions and any policies or procedures established for those specific areas.
- Clean floors including sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. as instructed. Ensure that wet floor signs are used or unsafe floor areas are restricted or roped off.
- Clean carpets including vacuuming, spot cleaning, shampooing, spin buffing, and disinfecting as instructed.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, and disinfecting as instructed.
- Remove all dirt and foreign substances from all surfaces, equipment, and furnishings using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways and entryways as instructed.
- Dispose of all waste in accordance with policies and procedures for handling, transporting, containment, and storage.
- Report all unsafe hazards, conditions, security problems, and defective equipment to appropriate personnel using methods specified.
- Ensure supplies are replenished inside the housekeeping storage area and in all areas of the facility including admit kits and personal protective equipment.
- Make beds whenever necessary and strip rooms for cleaning whenever necessary.
- Ensure linen is properly put up on delivery day. Restock linen throughout the facility as needed. Assess quality of linen on a regular basis. Launder linen when specified to do so.
- Assure that housekeeping areas are clean and free from hazards and that all carts, solutions, etc. are properly stored at the end of the workday.
- Follow all general, departmental, safety, security, and health policies and procedures. Utilize all safe work practices recommended for the department.
- May be required to perform other related duties and activities as assigned.
High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Ability to constantly push and pull equipment, furniture, etc.
- Ability to read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to use machines needed for work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
None required – on the job training.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Work in all areas of the facility.
- Subject to frequent work interruptions.
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours and take a fair share of on-call hours.
- Attend and participate in all continuing education as required.
- Subject to reactions from dust, cleaning and disinfecting solutions, odors, etc.
- May be subjected to infectious diseases, substances, etc.
- Communicate with nursing and all other pertinent personnel.
About Seneca Healthcare District
At SHD we strive to deliver high-quality comprehensive services with excellence, compassion, and competence, meeting or exceeding the expectations of the community we serve. Our staff and providers are dedicated to being the leaders in rural healthcare by providing safe and effective quality health and wellness care. The staff and providers strive to meet our goals daily. Our commitment to the community is to create an atmosphere that promotes wellness and healing.