To manage the activities of the Housekeeping Department to ensure the best results possible for the guests, associates and owner. Ensure all housekeeping departments are managed and operated in accordance with set budgets and forecasts. Manage inventories and procurement for room interiors.
- Responsible for all departmental scheduling, hiring, reviews, disciplinary action and coaching/counseling.
- Assigns work to cleaning personnel and trains personnel in housekeeping duties utilizing the Property Management System and Computer Programs
- Ensure all housekeeping departmental payroll and expenses are managed to approved operating budgets and forecast.
- Assist in creation of Departmental Budgeting
- Establish administrative rules and regulations, policies and procedures for the department.
- Isolate and analyze areas in need of improvement and encourage a climate of problem solving and action.
- Posts room occupancy records.
- Maintain Lost and Found articles utilizing a spreadsheet.
- Addresses guests complaints regarding housekeeping service or equipment.
- Participate in MOD shifts to respond to any guest or safety issues.
- Monitor all supplies inventories to ensure staff has the tools to do their jobs and provide the best possible service for our guest.
- Manages product inventories as needed.
- Manage procurement for interior of rooms and common areas
- Monitor and utilitize property procedures for guest calls as well as Housekeeping preventative maintenance projects.
- Encourage and maintain open and clear communication, rapport and cooperation with all internal departments to foster best possible service to all guests.
- Ensure all safety and security protocols are followed as well as departmental and company procedures.
- Attend all scheduled training, departmental and hotel meetings and activities, promote positive working environment for all associates, and follow guidelines and procedures set forth in employee handbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in department.
- Records inspection results from the management team on a tracking log and inspects as needed.
- Complete monthly linen inventories and OS&E inventories.
- Analyze Revinate guest reviews for improvement and maintain a high cleanliness rating.
- Follow all programs and procedures set forth by the Azul Safety Manual.
- Ensure all back of house and front of house areas are organized and cleaned at all times.
- Perform cleaning duties and all other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
- Environmental conditions are inside, a job is considered inside if staff spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by resort environmental systems
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to four (4) hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services and facilities.
- Must have excellent leadership capability and customer relations skills. Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the staff member acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding organizational and communication skills.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- Knowledge with carpet and flooring care, experience with carpet and flooring care equipment preferred.
- Knowledge with cleaning chemicals and supply equipment.
- High School Completion OR an equivalent level of education.
- Must have a minimum of two years experience as a supervisor or manager within the hospitality industry.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
Ability to provide and maintain a valid drivers license as the position may require the operation of motorized and electric vehicles.
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Minimum Education and Experience