- Scope and Range of Responsibility: Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the incumbent will be responsible for day-to-day HR related activities including, but not limited to onboarding, offboarding, and fielding HR & payroll related inquiries. The incumbent will work closely with all departments, including Fiscal, Business Services & Program Services.
- Organizational Structure: The incumbent’s supervisor is the Human Resources Director, who reports to the Executive Director.
- Mission Elements of the Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.: The organization provides workforce development and training services to eligible participants through the use of Workforce Investment Act (WIOA) funds. In addition, the organization coordinates AJCC Career Centers, provides employer services to enhance the connection between employers and job seekers, and provides complimentary community and workforce development services through the use of other funding sources, (i.e. non-WIOA funds).
- Position Responsibilities and Duties: Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Human Resources Director, and approved policies and procedures, the incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
a) Onboarding/Offboarding Tasks
- Distribute, track, collect and process all new hire documents including federal/state mandated forms and company policy acknowledgements.
- Ensure new hire information is completely and accurately entered into the company’s HRIS.
- Work directly with the new hire to ensure complete understanding of program and company policies & procedures.
- Review background checks and notify the HR Director of any alerts that may affect the hiring decision.
- Add/Delete employees from our insurance and DMV Pull program in a timely manner.
- Ensure all applicable paperwork is uploaded into personnel while file following the designated naming convention.
- Maintain personnel files
- Maintain employee location list and update as needed.
- Collect proper documentation and complete termination paperwork, while also working with the Fiscal Department to ensure employees are paid on time.
b) Other Human Resources Tasks
- Assist in personnel recruitment activities, updating the Applicant Tracking System as necessary.
- Field all HR and payroll related calls and elevate to the HR Director when necessary.
- Collect timecards, review for accuracy, and enter into timekeeping system.
- Track all leave of absences and ACA measurement periods.
- Respond to all employment verifications, unemployment claims and state disability insurance claims.
- Update employee personal information in the HRIS when necessary.
- Receive employee injury reports, gather necessary documents, and work with HR Director on Workers’ Comp claims
- Ensure policies, procedures and forms are updated at each location.
c) Management Team Support
- Prepare internal reports and perform necessary analysis for management review.
d) Other Duties as Assigned
5. Essential Functions:
- Organize, prioritize, manage time and meet deadlines
- Prioritize multiple assignments and work well under pressure
- Maintain good attendance, punctuality, dependability and flexibility
- Work well alone and/or with a group and with or without supervision
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Work well with vendors and agencies from both the private and public sector
- Computer knowledge and ability to use software, including Word, Excel and internet.
- Ability to type and use a computer.
- Ability to travel to various locations with advanced notice.
- Lift to waist height, turn, twist and transport equipment/files up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- AS/AA Degree in related field or a minimum of two years related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMLA, PDL and CFRA.
- Demonstrated history of project management skills.
- Demonstrated history of working independently.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent will be required to travel out of town for training, meetings, and, therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle.
7. Other Position Requirements:
- Must provide proof of automobile insurance, which at a minimum satisfies California Law.
- Agree to a background check.
- Provide “right to work” documentation upon appointment
- Acknowledge that AFWD is an “at will” employer; therefore, any employee may resign at any time, just as the corporation may terminate the employment relationship with any employee at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice to the other party.
How to Apply: For more info & to apply visit: https://www.afwdcareers.com/
Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.