Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472
and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of
affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
Under the direction and guidance of the Human Resources Manager, provides administrative support across multiple areas of human resources. The Human Resources Generalist uses discretion and independent judgment to organize work effectively to meet critical administrative deadlines. This position will complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing time, monitoring progress, problem solving and adjusting plans and priorities as needed.
This position will fully support the HR needs of the Rolling Hills Clinics, an instrumentality of the Tribal Government.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with the day-to-day operations of the HR department and maintain HR
inbox and respond to inquiries.
2. Coordinates and conducts onboarding and orientation for new employees.
3. Assist in recruitment process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes,
performing reference checks and telephone interviews.
4. Assists with planning and coordinating staff training programs.
5. Ensures compliance with organization and mandated training.
6. Works with vendors to schedule and provide on and off-site training.
7. Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by
law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
8. Administers company benefit program, including enrollments, changes and
separations. Prepares notification and communication of open enrollment
9. Assist front line managers and supervisors with the performance evaluation
process; provides assistance to staff to ensure fairness, completeness and
10. Gathers information, processes employment verifications, employment status
changes and informational/confidential forms and records.
11. Conduct a thorough and consistent system of communication, notification,
reminders, and follow-up for Performance Plans and Annual Performance
12. Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance,
retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leaves of absence, and employee
13. Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as
temporary employees and provider locums.
14. Ensures physical setup is complete for all new employees including phones,
workspaces, computers, badge access and inventory.
15. Responds to routine HR questions including benefits, payroll, personal time off,
policies and procedures or direct to the appropriate contact when needed.
16. Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
17. Coordinate and manage all Wellness programs with the Wellness Committee
based on feedback from employees, client contacts and other stakeholders.
This may include employee health and productivity programs, workshops, and
seminars, teams and leagues, runs/walks, wellness fairs and special events.
18. Responsible for Wellness Program budgets – create a budget, report on budget
variances, and forecast actual expenses.
19. Responsible for Wellness related communications by partnering with Wellness
20. Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
1. A high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course
work in business administration, human resources management or related field;
or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
3. In-depth knowledge of general human resources policies and procedures within a
healthcare or non-profit environment preferred.
4. At least 4 years related experience and/or training with recruiting, benefits
administration, employment law.
5. Detail orientated, accuracy, and the ability to work independently under minimal
supervision is also required.
6. Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor
and staff from diverse cultures.
7. High level of organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
8. Demonstrated high level of time management skills and efficiency in office
9. Excellent command of English language, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
10.Local travel is occasionally required from Red Bluff and Corning.
11.Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background
COVID RAPID TEST
To protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic, we
prefer that you obtain a COVID Rapid Test onsite prior to date of hire. Test are
performed at RH Clinic should you decide to get one done.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice
Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may
require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is
usually low to moderate. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply: Visit www.paskenta-nsn.gov/employment-opportunities to download the Application. Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are
employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or
without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the
organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to
make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an
employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to
change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.