Human Resources Manager
Redding Rancheria is seeking a Human Resources Manager. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Human Resources, the Employment Relations Manager/Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. Acts as a liaison between supervisor and employee to oversee employee relations including disciplinary action and employee complaints.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- 1. Developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
2. Bridging management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
3. Oversees all the daily workflow of the department.
4. Creating and fostering a positive and efficient work environment within the Human Resources Department.
5. Managing the recruitment and selection process.
6. Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
7. Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
8. Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management and consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal law.
9. Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with Redding Rancheria policy.
10. Creates, assess and monitors learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
11. Responsible for the operations of the Human Resource Department in absence of the Human Resource Director. Will exercise discretion and independent judgment to make decisions and provide direction and leadership.
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Work with Human Resource Director in analyzing and reviewing current operations, take part in planning for future changes and development for greater effectiveness of Human Resource operations.
- Advise employees on the interpretation and application of personnel policies and practices.
- Work as part of the Human Resource team in analyzing and recommending wage and salary administration programs or policies.
- Perform other related duties as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources or related field, BA preferred.
- Proven working experience as HR manager or five of more years’ experience working in the human resources field.
- PHR/SHRM-CP, required or obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Must be fingerprinted and submit to and pass background screening for FBI, State of California DOJ and become Custodian of Records
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
- Indian preference.
* **This position is open until filled.***
A completed Redding Rancheria job application must be submitted in order to be considered for employment. You can fill out an application online at www.redding-rancheria.com, please fax (530-242-4563), email (email@example.com) or bring in to Redding Rancheria at 2000 Redding Rancheria Road, Redding Ca 96001.
All certifications, credentials/ licenses, education verification /degrees and/or transcripts, and Indian verification are required to process your application.
Indian preference applies, but we welcome all applicants who wish to apply for this position. To receive Indian preference, certification of Native American heritage needs to be attached to the job application.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background screening clearance. All employees are required to submit to a Tuberculosis test (TB) test after they are hired in addition to being tested annually.
We offer a competitive salary as well as having a work schedule running Monday through Friday. In addition, Redding Rancheria offers an excellent benefit package containing Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave as well as a generous 401(k) retirement plan.
Redding Rancheria is a federally recognized Tribe with Pit River, Wintu and Yana people where pride in Tribal culture, history and identity is evident internally and in the larger community. Redding Rancheria is a leader in the constructive development of its people, the larger Indian community and the Redding region.
Redding Rancheria participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Visit the E-Verify URL below for more information.
For further information, please contact Human Resources Dept. at (530) 225-8979.Minimum Education and Experience