What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
We are seeking a qualified Human Resources Support
person to work temporarily part-time with our division in Quincy, CA
About The Position
• Provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department
• Processes including screening applicants, interviews, reference checking, and new employee orientation.
• Promote, schedule, and attend local job fairs
• Identify, develop, and evaluate opportunities for recruitment
• Interact in a friendly and professional manner with the public and potential job applicants
• Work efficiently to meet established deadlines and adapt to changing priorities
• Answer and route incoming calls
• Assist with communicating Company policies and benefit plans
• Assist with office clerical duties as needed
• This position is part-time/temporary, working 20-30 hours per week Monday through Friday
• 2 years recent office admin work, or education equivalent
• Prior HR experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills with emphasis on professionalism
• Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Detail-oriented, organized, and able to effectively multi-task
• Self-motivated, dependable, organized
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
How To Apply
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person
Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 5:00pm at:
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Road
Quincy, CA 95971
Can’t make it in? Let’s talk!
Sierra Pacific is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer, including those with a disability and veterans.