Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and
473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of
affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
Under the direction and guidance of the I.T. Manager, the I.T. Support Technician is responsible for providing first-line remote technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software over phone, email and remote desktop services. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, troubleshoots and isolates problem, and determines and implements a solution. Forwards issues requiring site visits or more in-depth technical troubleshooting to Manager.
This position provides maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing
requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and
supporting the internal Tribal Government, Gaming and Commission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides user support and resolves problems, ensuring end user’s satisfaction.
2. Modifies configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
3. Utilizes and maintains the helpdesk tracking software.
4. Documentation of new hardware implementation.
5. Installs, tests and configures new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
6. Maintains inventory of all equipment, software, and software licenses.
7. Reports issues for escalation.
8. Conducts network orientation for new employees.
9. Manages PC setup and deployment for employees using standard hardware, images and software.
10. Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
11. Performs PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
12. Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
13. Good verbal and written communication skills.
14. Help with smart phones and other messaging devices – iPhone, Android, etc.
15. Responsible for administration and internal support of the agency PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment.
16. Attend regularly scheduled department meetings.
17. Provide onsite and remote support
18. Flex schedule to accommodate maintenance, upgrades, or system change overs as to not impair daily operations or duties of systems or personnel.
19. Other duties as assigned.
1. An Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or other related field.
2. Must have 4 years of relevant technical and support experience.
3. Systems Administration/System Engineer on the job experience, certification in Microsoft (Exchange, MS SQLServer) as well as other specific systems preferred.
4. Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS
Office, Windows familiarity, certification a plus.
5. Must be willing to travel within the Tribe.
6. Must have valid California Driver’s License and be insurable by the Tribe.
7. High level of organizational skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
8. Demonstrated high level of time management skills and efficiency in office procedures.
9. High level of ability to act independently but maintain effective level of communication.
10.Demonstrated advanced computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office software skills.
11.Excellent command of English language, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
12.Very strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
13.Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required. Typical travel time is generally less than a week.
14.Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
Please be advised a pre-employment Drug Test and a Department of Justice
Fingerprinting clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may
require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force
frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is
usually low to moderate. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply: Visit www.paskenta-nsn.gov/employment-opportunities to download the Application. Submit your application, resume, and references via email to Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI
personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with
or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No
manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an
agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for
employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an
employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and
is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.