At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us.
What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing, third-generation family-owned, forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments.
With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our over 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/AboutUs.
About The Position
• Maintain and troubleshoot 480V, 3 phase motors, PLCs, motor control circuits, and electrical and hydraulic systems
• Install conduit, pull and terminate wires using appropriate tools and methods
• Install, disconnect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors
• Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet and other communication networks
• Commission, program, and troubleshoot VFDs
• Use PLC functions and tools to troubleshoot machinery
• Troubleshoot and install encoders, linear transducers, vision systems, and other advanced sensors
• Identify and help implement process improvements to optimize performance and production
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis on equipment
• Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean work area
• 2-year or higher technical degree in a relevant field with field experience, or Journeyman Electrician Certification with related field experience – applicants with a minimum of 4 years of industrial experience with verifiable proficiency in the primary duties listed above will also be considered
• Knowledge and practical experience using tools of the trade to accomplish duties
• Proven strong and working knowledge of motion controllers, PLCs, servo systems, and HMIs
• Knowledge of programming structures and techniques such as PID, data handling, UDTs, etc. is a bonus
• Experience working with servo and hydraulic motion control and tuning would be a bonus
• Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
• Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low-cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, the Foundation gives an average of $500,000 in scholarships.