Job Title: Industrial Electrician
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Currently, we are seeking a qualified Industrial Electrician to perform building, and maintenance electrical work at our Quincy, CA location. This a unique opportunity to experience the beautiful community of Quincy while earning top wages
About the Position
The Industrial Electrician will perform all regular electrician duties at a high level of competence and will additionally perform hands on programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance of advanced control systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot 480V, 3 phase motors, PLCs, motor control circuits, and electrical and hydraulic systems
- Install conduit, pull and terminate wires, using appropriate tools and methods
- Install, disconnect, troubleshoot, and repair electrical motors
- Troubleshoot and maintain Ethernet and other communication networks
- Commission, program, and troubleshoot VFD’s
- Use PLC functions and tools to troubleshoot machinery
- Troubleshoot and install encoders, linear transducers, vision systems, and other advanced sensors
- Identify and help implement process improvements to optimize performance and production
- Perform preventative maintenance and diagnosis on equipment
- Perform job duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a clean work area
- The Industrial Electrician will be capable of understanding complex networks, including PLCs, as needed to construct, operate and control modern wood products processing machinery.
- A 2-year or higher technical degree in a relevant field with field experience, or Journeyman Electrician Certification with related field experience. Applicants with a minimum of 4 years of industrial experience with verifiable proficiency in the primary duties listed above will also be considered.
- Knowledge and practical experience using tools of the trade to accomplish duties
- Proven strong working knowledge of motion controllers, PLCs, servo systems, and HMIs
- Knowledge of programming structures and techniques such as PID, data handling, UDT’s, etc. would be a bonus
- Experience working with servo and hydraulic motion control and tuning would be a bonus
- Ability to manage time and priorities under demanding circumstances
- Excellent communication, listening, and reasoning skills
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening
Education Level: 2 Years at College or a Technical or Vocational School
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401K
Job Application Methods Accepted: In Person
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please send a resume referencing this position and a cover letter to: Sierra Pacific Industries Human Resources PO Box 496011 Redding, CA 96049 (530)378-8200
Sierra Pacific Industries
1538 Lee Rd.
Quincy, CA 95971