Job Title: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
Items Needed to Apply
- cover letter
Incomplete applications will not be considered for this position.
Under general supervision of the Executive Assistant, provides a variety of office support functions; train and assist staff with computer software applications; perform necessary computer maintenance and upgrades; maintains and supports office phone systems; creates and maintains Lassen Family Services, Inc. brand identity in any and all outreach and fundraising collateral, this includes both digital and print materials; create, maintain, and develop website and social media platforms that fall under the Lassen Family Services, Inc. outreach and fundraising activities; provide constructive feedback on the use of technology within the agency offices, and related work as required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
(These are typical requirements, but Lassen Family Services, Inc. will discuss and make reasonable accommodations for job candidates and incumbents with disabilities.) Sit for extended periods; frequently stand and walk; stoop, kneel, and crouch to pick-up and or move objects; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; lift and move objects weighing up to 40 lbs.; corrected hearing and vision to normal range; maintain focused attention during periods of repetitive data entry work; use of office equipment including computer, telephone, copier, and fax.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is normally performed in an office environment; incumbents may be required to drive to different locations and sites throughout the service area; frequent contact and communication with other staff, the public, and representatives of other agencies; work hours may be variable and outside of the normal (8:00 AM – 5:00 PM) workday in order to meet the requirements of the position.
- Possession of a valid and current California Driver’s License.
- Proof of current auto insurance and adequate coverage
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR certification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Perform a variety of data collection, organization, input/entry, and report assignments.
- Analyze and evaluate statistical information and make necessary changes.
- Organize and complete projects/reports in a timely manner.
- Work with people from a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Prepare and maintain clear, accurate, and concise records and reports.
- Set-up and troubleshoot email, website, and social media accounts for the dissemination of information.
- Effectively represent polices, programs, and services of Lassen Family Services with the public, community organizations, and other governmental agencies.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in the confines of confidentiality and ensure that professional boundaries are maintained.
- Ability to work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to agency’s mission and values.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- This single position job classification; provides a variety of data collection, organization, input/entry; trains and assists staff with computer related issues; maintains, installs and upgrades computers, printers and software; trains and develops agency staff in the use of appropriate technology; assists in the maintenance of email accounts, agency website, and social media platforms as well as trouble shooting and maintaining phone system; provides strategic analysis and recommendations on technology and marketing for organization outreach and fundraising, owns brand identity and policies around the use of logos, taglines, colors, fonts, and use parameters; provides graphic design and/or approval of graphic design for all collateral both internal and external to the organization. Establishes, maintains, and updates computer systems and software, as needed by the agency; interfaces with network specialist to ensure internal network functions as expected and maintains a 95% up rate; responds to day-to-day I.T. issues such as system failures or glitches, application usage, trouble shooting, and training; printer resets and connectivity issues, email creation and updates, phone number creation, phone system trouble shooting, moving and re-establishing computer and phone hardware due to new hire or office migrations. Provides a variety of support services to agency staff who provide direct and indirect services; data/technology compliance in funding guidelines. Creates and maintains agency brochures, intakes, surveys, and organizational publications for events. Attends and participates in staff meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Computer hardware and software configurations.
- Microsoft Office Software, and ability to learn/evaluate other technologies used in an office environment.
- Database and administrative work.
- Adobe Design Tools
- Social Media Platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, GoFundMe, and others as discovered and requested.
- Mitel IP Phone Systems: Hardware and Software.
- Data collection, input/entry and organization methods and techniques.
- Development and maintenance of files, forms, and information retrieval systems.
- Programs, policies, and procedures of Lassen Family Services, Inc.
- Good public relations techniques.
Any combination of training and experience which would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be: Associate of Arts degree in Computer Information Management or equivalent; at least one year of previous experience in the collection and organizing of statistical information and performing data input/entry work.