SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
JOB TITLE: Information Technology Technician
Provides administration of local area network for facility users. Provides
technical troubleshooting, configuration, and maintenance of all workstations,
laptops, printers, and ancillary computer equipment for facility users. Provides
technical support for Electronic Health Record system and all ancillary and
proprietary software systems.
Associates degree in computer science and/or 2+ years of experience with
windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite of products for use in the
Healthcare industry. Ability to properly communicate verbally and in writing.
1. Provides day-to-day workstation and laptop troubleshooting, technical
support, and preventative maintenance and problem diagnostics for
hardware and software programs.
2. Provides telephone and in-person support to all facility users.
3. Diagnose and remedy workstation and laptop hardware and software
4. Performs installation of hospital purchased hardware and software at the
direction of the IT Manager
5. Assist IT Manager with any IT related projects as directed by the IT
6. Assist facility users and IT Manager with electronic health record system
problem diagnosis and implement associated fixes.
7. Provide server level support and facility user support of active directory
8. Assist with active directory domain updates and changes as directed by
the IT Manager.
Follows safe work practices, takes an active interest in preventing injury or illness and promoting
a safe and healthful environment for self and others, and complies with Hospital and
governmental safety regulations.
Promotes professional growth of self and co-workers by participating in on the job training,
continuing education and assisting with training of new employees.
• Conducts the District’s business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report
any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to District policy.
• Is compliant with all federal and state privacy regulations
Assumes personal responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and local laws governing
business conduct, conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner, and displays the
qualities and characteristics of a professional at all times when dealing with patients, visitors,
physicians, volunteers, and fellow employees.
QUALITY OF WORK:
Assumes responsibility for professional customer service when working with the public,
physicians, and other departments. Strives for excellence in following policies and procedures.
Utilizes positive communication skills when interacting with people who work for, are serviced by,
or associated with the hospital, to ensure that persons receive the highest degree of attention
Maintains confidentiality of information received in the department and throughout the hospital
by complying with strict confidentiality regulations per HIPAA requirements.
SUPERVISED BY: Information Technology Manager
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Information Technology
WRITTEN BY: Elizabeth L. Steffen; Information Technology Manager
DATE: March 13, 2013
APPROVED BY: (Requires Teamsters Local #137 approval if union position)