SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Duties include receiving customer calls, updating databases, preparing reports, and filing. Customer interaction will include communications via telephone, fax, email, and postal mail. Continual interaction with Sales Manager, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering, Estimating, Production Control, Manufacturing, and Sales personnel to satisfy customer expectations. Must be able to maintain a high level of urgency, while at the same time, maintaining an extremely professional and diplomatic attitude with every customer, and also with direct and support co-workers
50% Plans and organizes daily work schedule to call on existing and potential customers and outside Sales representatives to work with customers in answering questions, placing orders, and resolving customer concerns. Using suggestion-selling techniques, assures that complete product line sales are maximized with each customer interaction. Keeps Inside-Sales Manager and Estimators informed of competitors’ pricing and Marketing initiatives by follow up on quotations with customers and Sales Representatives.
30% Works with various support groups to resolve customer issues, such as: complaints, delivery status, credit problems, cost estimations, design concerns, etc. Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making constructive recommendations to management.
20% Maintains constant accuracy and integrity of database system.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon department necessity.
· Contributes to a team effort by working with co-workers in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
· Maintains specific, up-to-date work procedures, including records and files used for reference and management needs.
· Backup support for other Administrative duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Basic mathematical skills, and ability to operate a 10-key by touch.
· Ability to effectively deal with Customer concerns in a professional, positive manner.
· Ability to access and accurately input information using moderately complex computers, software and databases.
· Ability to type detailed documentation, and proficiency with M/S Office, Word and Excel.
· Ability to read, write and speak English language sufficient enough to understand and communicate with customers; excellent verbal, written, and telephone etiquette skills.
Education: Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, or that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job. AA degree in Business preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 12-months in Sales and/or Customer Relations related experience, and 6-months specific experience in heavy phone sales.
Grooming: Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance, appropriate for professional, front office / customer contact standards.
Safety: Inside, climate / noise controlled office environment; lifting to less than 20 lbs.Minimum Education and Experience