The Inside Sales Rep is an office-based sales role for the Northern California markets, tasked with maintaining and growing relationships with building materials dealers, home improvement warehouses, specialty retailers and remanufacturers.
The Inside Sales rep will primarily focus on the decking offering as the product expert, responsible for generating new business for the Northern California market. The ISR will promote and sell Distribution’s full range of products, including engineered lumber, plywood, OSB, distributed products and dimension lumber. The ideal candidate will have experience in selling and promoting composite decking and railings products.
- Making outgoing calls to profitably grow sales to dealers, home improvement warehouses, specialty retailers and remanufacturers
- Interacting frequently with dealer personnel, including buyers and sales managers
- Coordinating with Dealer Sales Reps to develop and implement effective customer strategies, ensure follow up on sales opportunities, and resolve sales and service issues
- Coordinating with Customer Service Reps, Inventory Specialists and Sales Operations to ensure accurate order processing, consistent product availability and complete, on-time deliveries
- Gathering and sharing market intelligence and providing input regarding product mix, pricing, inventory levels and demand outlook
- Demonstrate a passion for achieving sales growth.
- Developing promotions and specials, and negotiating with customers to capture sales
- Acting as point of contact with vendors for non-purchasing activities (i.e., product champion)
- Facilitates the execution of market pull through activities
About our Wood Products Distribution Business
We have over 48,000 SKUs from over 300 suppliers of structural framing materials and specialty building products for residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our team of on-the-ground sales and support has the industry reach, experience and knowledge to help grow your business. We’ll get you what you need, when you need it.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Strong building materials product knowledge; experience as a product lead
- Strong communication skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and nurture strong customer relationships
- Excellent selling skills
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Experience at selling/promoting composite decking and railings products
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Proven ability and commitment to work safely
- Ability to influence customer’s buying decisions
- Confidence and self-motivation to initiate sales calls, ask for the order and overcome objections
- Computer literacy and ability to learn new software
- Strong knowledge of factors influencing profitability, including pricing, margin, costs and working capital management
- This position will require occasional travel
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Job Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing
Primary Location USA-CA-Stockton
Other Locations USA-CA-Redding
Job Level Individual Contributor
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day (1st)
Relocation Assistance Not Available
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Paid Holidays Paid Vacation Medical Insurance 401K with employer match Ongoing training and career advancement