The Insurance Sales Agent is responsible for successfully executing the sales process and regularly engages sales building activities that drive the overall revenue of the Agency. This position shares the responsibility with the Managing Agent for the sale of insurance products and handling customer contacts received either by telephone, email, mail, fax or face-to-face in the retail location. The team member will process quality customer applications, endorsements, payments, and related customer inquiries. The team member will also perform marketing activity outside the office to increase sales.
- Assess the customer needs and advise clients on insurance coverage and personal protection options following Acceptance’s G.U.E.S.T. standards.
- Provide quality quotations, pricing, and required information to new prospects and completes the sales process for each customer per company policy and procedure.
- Maintain strong knowledge of all products, pricing, and policy features available for sale.
- Complete and maintain training for all products offered by Acceptance (i.e. auto, roadside, hospital indemnity, motorcycle, commercial and home/renters, etc.) and other insurance companies for which they are appointed,
- Develop and maintain relationships with business partners around the community and perform outside marketing activities to drive new customers.
- Prepare quotations on customer change requests to their current policies.
- Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information.
- Maintain knowledge of industry competitors and provide critical market feedback to leadership regarding local competition and service needs.
- Conduct daily customer payment reminder calls.
- Follow-up routinely with customers on all open or unresolved issues including calling lapsed policy and policy renewal customers.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
- Take / receive customer payments in office and over the phone.
- Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction.
- Maintain appropriate records including, but not limited to; all time worked, reporting of sales activities, other reporting as required.
- Scan and send required documents daily.
- Assist in the daily cleaning/maintenance of the location according to Acceptance standards of operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Six months or more of prior experience in a sales related field, required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Above average communication skills in order to represent the company in a professional manner and communicate effectively with potential customers.
- Preferences towards taking charge of a situation, takes initiative, are persuasive and can influence a positive outcome.
- Are confident of their own abilities.
- Proven ability to manage personal emotions and avoid negative responses to frustrations and annoyances.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where limited standardization exists.
- Skill and ability to use and operate a keyboard, computer, fax machine, scanner and copier.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is preferred.
- An insurance license is required to work in this position. Acceptance Insurance pays 100% of the cost to obtain your license upon joining the company. The successful candidate must possess the ability to obtain and retain a Property & Casualty insurance license.