SALARY: $1,403.91 – $1,684,91 Biweekly
DEPARTMENT: Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services
Applies regulations and procedures to determine eligibility of applicants and recipients for multiple public assistance benefits; provides basic employment services to clients; performs casework management duties for both benefit and employment services, and performs related duties as required.
Working under close supervision, Integrated Case Worker I is the entry level of the Integrated Case Worker series. Employees in this class attend training sessions and work under close supervision to learn regulations, work procedures, forms, and public assistance and/or employment program requirements. After the initial orientation and training period, on-the-job
experience is provided until the employee attains and demonstrates the level of competency necessary for promotion to the working level of Integrated Case Worker II. Employees are expected to promote to Integrated Case Worker II after one year of satisfactory performance at the entry level.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED AND RECEIVED
Incumbents in the Integrated Case Worker I/II classification typically receive supervision from a Supervising Integrated Case Worker or a Human Services Supervisor. Supervision may also be received from an Employment and Training Supervisor or a Social Worker Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Pattern 1: One (1) year of fulltime experience as an Eligibility Specialist II or Social Worker I
Pattern 2: Six (6) months of full-time experience as an Eligibility Specialist II; AND completion of the equivalent of 15 semester (22.5 quarter) units or 15 continuing education credits in behavioral science in sociology, psychology, counseling, vocational guidance or any coursework related to the provision of employment services. This required coursework may be obtained through colleges, universities, university extension, business schools, or employer provided career development.
Pattern 3: One (1) year of full-time experience with responsibility for performing case management, vocational guidance services, employment counseling or placement work; AND completion of the equivalent of 15 semester (22.5 quarter) units or 15 continuing education credits in behavioral science in sociology, psychology, counseling, vocational guidance or any coursework related to the provision of employment services. This required coursework may be obtained through colleges, universities, university extension, business schools, or employer provided career development.
Pattern 4: Eighteen (18) months of fulltime experience with responsibility for performing case management, vocational guidance services, employment counseling or placement work.
Pattern 5: A bachelor’s degree in behavioral science in sociology, psychology, counseling, vocational guidance or any related field that includes coursework related to the provision of employment services.
Note: Qualifying experience must have included duties and responsibilities involving assessment of income and/or other qualifications needed to participate in programs.
SUPPLEMENTAL IN FORMATION :
BI.WEEKLY SALARY INFORMATION
Integrated Case Worker l: $1,383.91 – $1,664.91 bi-weekly
Integrated Case Worker II: $1,482.39 – $1 ,784.62 bi-weekly
**At the discretion of Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services, and with the approval of CalHR Merit System Services, qualified candidates certified to the eligible list established by this exam may be appointed to the Integrated Case Worker II level if the appointee meets the Integrated Case Worker II minimum requirements.
- As a condition of employment, the County of Del Norte will require proof of ability to work in the U.S.
- Position may require pre-employment drug testing, physical, and fingerprinting for a background investigation. A valid driver’s license may be required at the time of appointment and employees may also be required to drive their own car, provide proof of car insurance, and a DMV clearance. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to
a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- This recruitment will be used to fill fulltime, part-time, and extra-help positions as vacancies occur.
- Government agencies accessing US government information, which include federal tax information must ensure that background investigation requirements for all agency employees and contractors that have access to federal tax information are consistent to the IRS background investigation requirements for access to federal tax information. A background check may be required if the position requires access to these types of records. Background requirements consist of three components which include, fingerprinting, citizenship verification and local law enforcement checks. State agencies must conduct investigation during time of hire and ensure a reinvestigation is conducted 10 years from the date of the previous background investigation for each employee that has access to federal tax information.
lf supplemental questions are included as a part of this job bulletin, applicants may be rated based upon their responses to the supplemental questions. lf rated, only those that are determined to be highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.
SPECIAL TESTING ARRANGEMENTS
Special testing arrangements may be made to accommodate applicants for disability, military, or religious reasons. lf you require such arrangements, please contact the California Department of Human Resources, Merit System Services at email@example.com or 916-323-2766 upon
notification that your application has been approved. Documentation from medical, military, school, or church officials outlining the accommodation request must be received by our office a minimum of five business days prior to a scheduled examination.
ABOUT DEL NORTE COUNTY
Del Norte County, where the redwoods meet the sea, is located in the northwest corner of California along the Pacific Ocean and adjacent to the Oregon border. The substantially rural county is notable for forests containing coast redwoods, some over 350 feet tall. These redwoods are the tallest living things on Earth, dating back over 2,000 years. Notably, the
County is located in one of the few rain forests in the temperate region. The County is home to a multitude of unique plants and flowers, coastal bird and fish species, rocky primitive beaches and sea stacks, pristine rivers, and historic lighthouses. Del Norte County is home to several fun river and ocean activities, a variety of food festivals, including local seafood, a sanctioned BBQ cook-off, raft races on the beautiful and wild Smith River, and the very popular ocean stand up paddle board race. There are numerous hiking trails located within the national and state parks, as well as sponsored park events throughout the year. Star Wars enthusiasts will also recognize the County as being the location of some of the forest scenes used in Return of the Jedi.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mss
Integrated Case Worker I/II Supplemental Questionnaire
1. APPLICANTS WISHING TO USE THEIR EDUCATTON TO QUALIFY MUST SUBMIT THIS CLASS COURSE LISTING. ONLY ENTER THE COURSEWORK REQUIRED TO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AS STATED IN THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT. (College transcripts MAY NOT be substituted for this form.)
Attaching a resume does not substitute for a completed application, List the following for EACH COLLEGE COURSE:
2. Course #
3. Course Title
4. Total # Units
5. Units of Measure (Semester or Quarter)
6. Name of College
Applicants who completed their education outside of the United States must submit verification of degree and/or course equivalency with the application. Organizations that provide foreign education credential evaluation services can be found at www.naces.org, CPS HR Consulting will accept verification of degree and/or course equivalency from any of the listed member agencies. You must attach all pertinent documents before submitting the application.Minimum Education and Experience