Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Band’s Preference Policy, Chapter 1-715 of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Policies). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The IT Manager will be responsible for leading our technology team and overseeing the planning, directing and coordinating electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming. Developing and implementing the organization’s IT strategy in alignment with overall business objectives of the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Tribal Government and its subordinate, non-gaming entities. The IT Manager will work with the IT Director to develop and implement an overall technology solution and strategic planning to maintain and enhance the quality of the Tribe’s infrastructure, including networks, services, and systems.
This position must have strong analytical, strategic planning and communication skills, including an ability to work well with the senior management and employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the team is well trained, motivated, and capable of delivering high-quality IT services.
- Lead and mentor a team of IT professionals, fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of the organization’s IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, and systems.
- Ensure the security and integrity of data, systems, and networks through proactive measures.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with IT vendors, negotiating contracts and ensuring service level agreements are met.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and industry trends to make informed vendor selection decisions.
- Develop and enforce IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
- Conduct regular security audits and risk assessments to identify and address potential vulnerabilities.
- Oversee the IT helpdesk, providing timely support to end-users and resolving technical issues.
- Implement user training programs to enhance the organization’s overall IT literacy.
- Evaluate and recommend technology solutions that enhance operational efficiency and support business growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Computer Science, or 5 years related experience.
- Strong technical proficiency in systems administration, network management, and cybersecurity.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively across departments.
- Familiarity with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and IT trends.
BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
Pre-employment Drug Testing and a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance through Federal, State and Child Abuse Index is a contingency for an offer of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employment with Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians is voluntarily entered. All PBNI personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by PBNI. No Manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.Minimum Education and Experience