IT Clinical Care-CorpWork Shift:
Primary Location Salary Range:
In accordance with Colorado’s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
The IT Clinical Apps Surgery Services team is focused on the design, build, implementation, and support of Cerner SurgiNet and Anesthesia as well as other clinical applications in use in the surgery space. We work closely with key business stakeholders across the organization, including Perioperative, Nursing & Medical information and other IT teams to provide an excellent end-product to support our patient care providers and their workflows.
We are currently seeking an IT Solution Analyst III to help design, build, maintain, and support SurgiNet & Anesthesia in the Cerner application. An analyst III has an opportunity to engage directly with other IT teams, clinicians, project managers and leaders to help design, build, implement, and support the applications that our team is responsible for.
The analyst III remotely supports ongoing projects while providing 24 x 7 x 365 support for all the aspects of IT Clinical Apps Surgery Services (SurgiNet, Anesthesia, CareAware, Scheduling etc.). The analyst III addresses customers’ questions, issues and supports any ongoing development of the supported workflows and applications to enhance customer workflows and patient experiences.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, & WY
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is a high-level individual contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and participates in formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company’s requirements. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. Acts independently or as a leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact- finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge.
1. Business Outcomes: Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. Partners across organization and related functional areas to understand internal customer needs related to service excellence, including but not limited to analytical, technology and reporting needs; determine the appropriate course of action; make recommendations in an actionable format including to senior management, to achieve desired business results. Facilitates cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with departmental or company-wide scope to implement system changes. This may also include providing oversight, change management, general work direction or leadership to individuals on team; conducts regular meetings with stake holders and uploads necessary documents to the shared information repositories, such as SharePoint or Teams.
2. Technology Standards: Establishes and defines processes, documentation and standards for quality, and provides expert advice to ensure adherence to critical operating standards; mentors junior members of the team; Provides leadership for customers, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
3. Innovation and Futures: Analyzes and reports on complex customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications.
4. Advisor & Partner: Develops strong relationships with internal and business partners; collaborate in appropriate areas, including application design, system optimization, programming complex models, transferring large data feeds, and staying current on emerging technology related to all systems.
5. Communication: Presents information or ideas to the interests, level and needs of the audience. Actively engages participants and encourages input. Uses group process skills to ensure that the agenda is met. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication. Adapts choice of language and presentation of ideas to fit various needs and perspectives of audiences.
6. Measurements: Ensures Key Performance Indicators are developed and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved.
7. Strategic: Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented.
8. This position has responsibility for selected area of responsibility. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent must have significant knowledge about cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. The incumbent has collaborative decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer and leader levels. The incumbent may also be expected to troubleshoot issues at a complex level and appropriately escalate issues to other resources, as needed. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide. May be responsible for leading cross functional teams using project management skills to achieve desired results.
Must possess strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Sciences, Process Engineering, Business, Healthcare, Information systems or related field.
A minimum of four to seven years of experience or equivalent as typically obtained in one or multiple areas: reporting and/or analytics in clinical, financial, insurance, utilization, patient satisfaction, supply chain, HR, clinical application configuration, or related field. Must possess significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership. Must possess strong project management skills and ability to work independently, manage large, multiple projects, complex reports, while organizing priorities. Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required. Strong technical skills as appropriate for position (SQL/Ansi SQL, SAS, Tableau, Excel, clinical software applications, etc.).
Experience with system implementation and project management. Additional experience with specialized applications in related area also preferred. Experience with department specific software (Cerner, NextGen, Centricity, TSI, and Quality Advisor, SAS or SSRS), including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Master’s degree or higher in relevant field. Advanced knowledge in area of expertise.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.