Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Full Time IT Support Tech. This is a benefited position. The primary job functions is resolving the technology support needs of MMC and also providing training for MMC employees on end user devices and software applications as needed.
- Receives and resolves computer problems including PC and network hardware and software, email, word processing, ancillary interfaces, problems with terminal, mouse, printer, etc.
- Records all calls, problems, and solutions offered in resolving problems.
- Involves end users in diagnostic process; talks to users to find out procedure followed and source of error by user.
- Forwards complex problems to direct supervisor.
- Develops good relationship with software and hardware vendors. Requests service for defective products.
- Reports unresolved problems to the manager.
- Keeps in communication with users to ensure satisfaction with IT support process, software, and hardware.
- Installs, tests, monitors, and maintains PCs, printers, network terminals, and other equipment and communication software.
- Installs data communications equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Educates users on how to use software applications.
- Educates users on how to use hardware, such as PCs, printers, scanners and other end user devices.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Higher education or certification in Information Technology or related field preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge and experience in using computers, tablets, servers, network switches, and other hardware devices.
- At least three years of related work experience preferred.
- Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in emergency situations with high stress factors.
- Above-average mental ability, good physical/mental health and a courteous and kind disposition
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job
- Dependable, organized, reliable, has good attendance. Relates well with co-workers, staff and residents
Application Process: If interested, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience