The IT Systems Analyst helps support the Bank’s technology resources and the strategic use of technology solutions for operational efficiency and competitive advantage. In partnership with Bank and IT leadership, the IT Systems Analyst supports information technology activities to maintain a stable, secure, and resilient environment. The IT Systems Analyst works with the CIO to anticipate technological needs and manage projects to implement the technical solutions needed to scale for growth, increase operational efficiency, and meet the demand for service delivery channels. Additionally, this role aids Bank and IT leadership in assuring compliance with all Bank policies and procedures for technology and information assets.
CORE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Personally, demonstrates that external (or internal) customers are a high priority. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquiries about customer satisfaction with products or services.
Is an effective team player who adds complementary skills, contributes valuable ideas, opinions, feedback, and uses good judgement. Communicates in an open and candid manner and can be counted upon to fulfill commitments made to others.
Initiative and Dependability
Demonstrates the characteristic for seeking out and taking on increasing responsibility or resolving problems as they occur. Uses sound judgement when taking action and when seeking guidance or permission. Works effectively in a multi-project environment, during periods of high activity, procedural/organizational changes, and works well with people of various styles or backgrounds. Arrives at work on time ready to contribute and utilize time effectively and efficiently.
Production and Dependability
Has established a track record of high production and commitment to achieving goals. Is personally committed to producing work that is accurate, demonstrates attention to detail, and reflects well on the organization. Possesses sufficient job skills and knowledge to excel and pursues new skills regularly. Is reliable and dependable and remains in close communication with the CIO and IT team.
Ethics and Confidentiality
Has the characteristics of honesty, integrity, and respect for others. Maintains a high level of confidentiality with all information and can be trusted to make ethical decisions.
- Has the ability to understand business processes, relate them to technology, and communicate technical complexity in business terms.
- Provides timely direct support and problem solving on the technical-based needs of end-users such as developing and revising operating procedures for system and performing system administration and maintenance activities, updates, and changes.
- Leads implementation and integration projects with the ability to manage multiple projects varying in complexity from the creation of work plans, identifying resource, technology, and budget to working with cross-functional teams.
- Builds working relationships with system owners and communicates business requirements back to IT management. Makes recommendations and implements improvements with user involvement.
- Performs change management functions, including the installation of software, updates, and patches.
- Coordinates resources to provide critical system support, minimizing downtime and impact to employees and clients.
- Researches and learns a variety of new software and services to maintain current knowledge of trends, developments, and products in the industry for the purpose of providing technical support to users, developing efficient processes, and providing recommendations for solutions to meet business needs.
- Is available for emergency calls to the worksite on an as needed basis.
- Performs analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex system and software problems for a variety of end-users and assist with the implementation of solutions.
- Manages relationships with vendors and suppliers of hardware, software and outsourced services in order to ensure timely updates and quick problem resolution.
- Acts at liaison between the Bank and critical vendors to assist with system and application management and maintenance.
- Where required, assists with system and network administration, including installation, configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of bank hardware and software.
- Assists with audit compliance and procedure quality control through internal and external reviews; recommending and initiating corrective actions; and ensuring system resources are in compliance with established Bank policies, procedures, and federal and state regulations
- Writes and maintain procedures that relate to job function or critical IT processes.
- Aids in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Provide technical support to internal customers and act as a point of escalation.
- Maintains and applies sufficient knowledge of regulatory compliance and complete with passing scores on-line compliance training according to established schedules.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience and industry certifications.
EXPERIENCE: A combination of education and experience equivalent to:
At least five (5) years’ experience in information technology • Experience successfully performing systems administration and managing projects • Demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional environments, lead by example, and use resources effectively • Excellent customer service skills, with experience coordinating critical systems support • Excellent communication skills, with experience preparing and presenting recommendations and documenting project objectives and progress • Experience with Microsoft 365, Windows, VMware and enterprise application environments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communications and partnering skills; ability to understand and convey processes and technical information to and from the business.
- Organizational skills, with proven experience prioritizing work and coordinating multiple projects concurrently.
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills.
- Should be able to multitask project activities with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated and highly flexible individual who can manage multiple tasks and priorities within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Willingness to be “Hands-on” in the delivery of projects and enhancements and operational support.
- High energy, positive can-do attitude with demonstrable commitment to action and results orientation.
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy with the ability to take on full ownership of assigned work.
- Display proficient knowledge, strategies and techniques in relation to enterprise IT environments.
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 80-90% of time is spent sitting at workstation.
Speaking/Hearing: clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with co-workers, clients, and outside agencies by telephone and in person.
Vision: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screens and interpret written information. Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: The ability to lift and carry up 20 to 50 pounds if necessary.
Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing file drawers.
Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
Ability to travel as needed to Bank locations (usually less than 10% of the time).
Ability to be on-call for after-hours support as needed.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience
About Plumas Bank
Plumas Bank is strongly committed to creating excellence in value: For our clients, shareholders and communities; by supplying the best financial products and services tailored to meet individual needs with integrity; through employees proactively dedicated to understanding and providing the specific needs of our clients; with a devotion to our communities to positively impact the quality of life for our neighbors; and to provide a financially successful company to properly reward our shareholders and supply our communities with a stable and valued employer.