At Collins, we are committed to building a better world. As a family-owned company founded in 1855, this begins with our commitment to land and resource stewardship on our 370 thousand acres of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified forest lands. With operations in California, Oregon, and Pennsylvania, we manufacture softwood and hardwood lumber, particleboard, and hardboard siding.
Wage Rate: $37.12 USD per hour
The Journey Electrician maintains, repairs, modifies, and installs electrical, instrument, and computer systems to ensure optimal operations.
- Comply with safety standards at all times and correct/report any observed safety hazards.
- Install electrical systems as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems occurring during manufacturing processes.
- Check, service, repair or replace:
- all types of A.C. circuits/D.C electrical systems;
- C. and D.C. drives, controls, and motors;
- electrical control devices;
- wiring; and
- components on control modular assemblies.
- Apply the theory and operation of PLCs, HMIs, and network communications to optimize operations.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with relevant codes.
- Guide Electrical Apprentices to:
- perform electrical installations of machinery, electrical wiring, and fixtures;
- follow electrical schematics and regulations;
- understand electrical theory and mathematics; and
- use the materials and tools of the electrical trade.
- Communicate with and listen to Maintenance Supervisor, Supervising Electrical Lead, other Journey Electricians, and Electrical Apprentices with the desire to work as an effective team.
- Strive to continually develop professionally with the desire to apply new skills for the improvement of the manufacturing process.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor.
- On-site attendance is essential to effectively perform the listed duties and responsibilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Position Requirements: Must meet position requirements to be considered a candidate for this position.
- Hold and maintain an Oregon Journeyman Manufacturing Plant Electrician license.
- Ability to follow all company, state and federal safety rules when performing required job duties.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal history check and a pre-employment drug screening.
- Provide basic tools to perform routine electrical activities.
May be exposed to dust, noise, trip hazards, and variable temperatures and weather conditions.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Individuals must be willing to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. Positions may require additional PPE at specific times. Examples of PPE which may be required include high visibility garments, hand protection, eye protection, hearing protection, a hard hat, foot protection, and a face shield.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)