At Collins, we are committed to building a better world. As a family-owned company founded in 1855, this begins with our commitment to land and resource stewardship on our 370 thousand acres of Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified forest lands. With operations in California, Oregon, and Pennsylvania, we manufacture softwood and hardwood lumber, particleboard, and hardboard siding.
Wage Rate: $34.97 USD per hour
The Journey Millwright possesses an Oregon Industrial Journey Millwright certification and provides maintenance, installation, and operational services for manufacturing systems and equipment.
- Comply with safety standards at all times and correct/report any observed safety hazards.
- Troubleshoot, install, replace, and repair manufacturing systems and equipment by applying skills in:
- hydraulics and pneumatics;
- machinery alignment and leveling;
- blueprints and schematics;
- carpentry, plumbing, and machining; and
- concrete forming/pouring/finishing/layout.
- Fabricate parts and assemble machinery as needed.
- Detect developing mechanical issues and conduct preventive maintenance to reduce downtime.
- Utilize the maintenance tracking system to track work orders and material requisitions.
- Clean and maintain working areas and equipment.
- Perform additional duties as required by supervisor.
- On-site attendance is essential to effectively perform the listed duties and responsibilities.
Position Requirements: Must meet position requirements to be considered a candidate for this position.
- Possess an Oregon Industrial Journey Millwright Certification.
- Ability to follow all company, state and federal safety rules when performing required job duties.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal history check and a pre-employment drug screening.
May be exposed to dust, noise, trip hazards, and variable temperatures and weather conditions.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Individuals must be willing to wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. Positions may require additional PPE at specific times. Examples of PPE which may be required include high visibility garments, hand protection, eye protection, hearing protection, a hard hat, foot protection, and a face shield.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)