EDUCATION: Must have High School graduate or equivalent.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to speak, read, and write English. Must be eighteen years of age or older.
1. Wash and put away dishes after breakfast and lunch.
2. Clean tray cart after meals.
3. Set up trays for lunch and dinner meals.
4. Wash pots and pans as needed.
5. Assist cook in serving or preparing employee meals.
6. Clean and defrost refrigerator and freezer as needed.
7. Put away supplies after deliveries; keep shelves neat and clean.
8. Plate salads and desserts and pour beverages for tray service.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Follow all general and departmental safety, security, and health policies and procedures. Utilize all safe work practices recommended for department.
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated areas.
- Subject to sudden temperature changes. May be exposed to hot/cold temperatures in kitchen.
- Subject to falls, cuts, burns from equipment, hot foods, infectious diseases, odors, etc., throughout the work day
SAFETY AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts the District’s business in an ethical and lawful manner, and is willing to report any knowledge of real or potential fraud or abuse according to District policy.
Promotes professional growth of self and co-workers by participating in on the job training, continuing education, and assisting with training of new employees.
Is compliant with all federal and state privacy regulations.
Assumes personal responsibility to comply with all Federal, State and local laws governing business conduct, conducts business in an ethical and trustworthy manner, and displays the qualities and characteristics of a professional at all times when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, and fellow employees.
QUALITY OF WORK
Assumes responsibility for professional customer service when working with the public, physicians, and other departments. Strives for excellence in following policies and procedures.
Utilizes positive communication skills when interacting with people who work for, are serviced by, or associated with the hospital, to ensure that persons receive the highest degree of attention and courtesy.
Maintains confidentiality of information received in the department and throughout the hospital by complying with strict confidentiality regulations per HIPAA requirements.
About Seneca Healthcare
At SHD we strive to deliver high-quality comprehensive services with excellence, compassion, and competence, meeting or exceeding the expectations of the community we serve. Our staff and providers are dedicated to being the leaders in rural healthcare by providing safe and effective quality health and wellness care. The staff and providers strive to meet our goals daily. Our commitment to the community is to create an atmosphere that promotes wellness and healing.