Job Title: Lab Technician
Type of Job: Regular
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: The Lab Technician will work under the direct supervision of the Chemist on assigned projects designed to aid in the integration of our materials qualiﬁcation program. Testing of materials, creation of test protocols, improve testing methods and other documentation for current procedures. Help support laboratory with preparing reagents to test, analyzing data using instrumentation, upkeep lab notebook.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provides support and assistant to Chemist with the development of Roplast Revolve department Material laboratory.
- Responsible to keep lab area clean in accordance with 5S/housekeeping standards.
- Wash glassware as needed to minimize dirty glassware in the lab.
- Must have laboratory experience and operating pH meter, spectrometer, and Moisture analyzer instrumentations.
- Run rheology and thermal analysis on lab equipment (MFI, DSC, FTIR).
- Ensures accuracy and completion of lab records, reports and use of lab
- Will lead and self-manage project as determined by the Chemist including scheduling, cost, and resource utilization.
- Prepare standard and reagent for chemist that are necessary for testing on daily basis.
- Collect and catalog samples of incoming resin. Operate a lab-scale blown film extruder.
- Perform tensile, tear, and other tests on film samples.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proﬁciency Collaboration Skills
- Learning/ teamwork Orientation Personal Eﬀectiveness and Credibility Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Proﬁciency in MS Word and Excel
Physical requirements of the Job:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, walk, and stand for at least 1-hour intervals.
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Please note this full-time Lab technician position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Email resume in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lab Technician” as the subject.
Roplast Industires Inc.
3155 South 5th Avenue
Oroville, CA 95965Minimum Education and Experience