Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full time Laboratory Office Lead. The position, with
benefits, reports to the Laboratory Manager and is responsible for providing phlebotomist services as well as
clerical support in an effort to maintain high quality and efficient daily operations in the Laboratory.
– High School diploma.
– Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in a laboratory setting.
– Certified Phlebotomist.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
– Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
– Above-average interpersonal, problem-solving, and written and oral communication skills.
– Responsible for coordinating/supervising lab front office functions (including training staff, scheduling,
maintaining an appropriate inventory of supplies, appropriate logs and interfacing with MMC staff.
– Types and files Laboratory reports; retrieves information as requested.
– Verifies the accuracy of all invoices from outside reference laboratories.
– Oversees Phlebotomist duties.
– Performs all aspects of patient care within the scope of their certification in an environment that optimizes
patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
– Gives appropriate instructions to outpatients having testing done according to policy and procedure for
Laboratory test preparation requirements.
– Compiles daily, monthly, and yearly statistics; updates policy and procedure manuals.
– Maintains supplies and orders as necessary to continue lab operations.
– Maintains a good understanding of medical terminology.
– Collaborates with Laboratory Manager to develop plans of correction in response to regulatory agencies.
– Reviews office procedures and implements revisions in collaboration with the Laboratory Manager.
Please email resume to Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please call 530-233-4161.
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience