Job Title: Laborer
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: At Sierra Pacific Industries, we understand our greatest strength is the people who choose to build a career with us. What does it mean to be part of the Sierra Pacific family? It means you are a valued team member and part of a growing third-generation family-owned forest products company built on hard work, innovation, and wise investments. With over 5,000 crew members in over 30 states, Sierra Pacific offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth; from entry-level to skilled trades, from truck drivers to sales managers, from foresters to engineers – for everyone! We invite you to learn more about our history, our 2 million acres of forestlands, and our state-of-the-art wood product and window manufacturing facilities at www.spi-ind.com/Home/AboutUs.
Currently, we have entry level positions with great opportunities for advancement at our division based in Oroville, CA.
About The Position
- Entry level position with opportunity to learn and explore many jobs within the plant site including production, equipment maintenance, and supervision
- Learn to fill in on various machine stations
- Shovel, rake, and sweep wood byproducts
- Stack and pile lumber
- The work is fast paced and can, at times, be demanding
- Repetitive lifting and working in both hot and cold work environments
- Work may consist of day or swing shift work, with some overtime and weekend work during busy production times
- We look for applicants with recent related good work history and verifiable references
- All applicants must be at least age 18
Why Join Our Team?
Because this is more than an invitation, it’s a commitment to offer opportunities for personal and professional growth to everyone! We ask people to grow with us and make the company even better.
We provide an excellent benefit package including a full Health Benefits Plan with low cost premiums, a 401(k) with Company Match, additional Retirement Contributions, and company paid Life Insurance. In addition, for over 38 years, the Sierra Pacific Foundation has provided scholarships to help the children of our crew members with education expenses. Each year, we give an average of $500,000 in scholarships.
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening
Pay Comments: Depends on Experience (DOE)
Job Application Methods Accepted: In Person
How to Apply: If you are qualified and would like to join our team, please apply in person Monday through Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm at: Sierra Pacific Industries 3025 South 5th Ave Oroville, CA 95965 (530) 532-6638
SIERRA PACIFIC INDUSTRIES
3025 S. 5th Ave.
Oroville, CA 95965