LAKE ALMANOR COUNTRY CLUB
TITLE: Security Manager
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Previous Security and Management experience required. Previous law enforcement experience a plus. Excellent Customer Service required. Ability to effectively communicate, sometimes under extreme stress, required. Conflict resolution experience preferred.
REQUIRMENTS: Current California Guard Card and valid California Driver’s License. Able to lift 40 lbs. CPR certification required. Must be able to pass a background investigation and a drug test.
LAST UPDATE: September 2020
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week with the possibility of working weekends, nights and holidays. Security Manager is expected to be available to respond at any time if there is an emergency situation within the Community.
OVERTIME STATUS: Non-Exempt
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must be able to work effectively with others, follow written and oral instructions, and communicate effectively.
2. Deal effectively with the public and provide exceptional customer service to our Members and their Guests.
3. Educate Members and Guests on LACC Rules and, when necessary, issue warnings or citations for violations of LACC CC&Rs, Rules, and Regulations. Keep accurate records of warnings and citations in Member Pro or other designated computer programs.
4. Answer Member/tenant/guest complaints and other calls for service.
5. Plan, organize, supervise, and otherwise manage the Patrol and Gate Attendant staffs within the guidelines set by the LACC Employee Handbook and the General Manager.
6. Train and instruct staff in the proper execution of their duties and in proper safety practices. Conduct and document regular staff meetings.
7. Provide each staff member with a performance evaluation using the LACC Employee Evaluation Form. Year-round employees will be provided this at the end of the calendar year, seasonal employees at the end of the season. The performance evaluation process includes:
a. Provide each staff member with a current job description (update them if necessary).
b. Review job descriptions with each employee and have them sign a copy for their personnel file.
c. Meet with each employee at the beginning of the period to set performance goals for the upcoming period.
d. Providing periodic feedback, coaching, and training throughout the period.
e. Meet with each employee to providing a formal performance evaluation at the end of the period.
8. Consult with General Manager on wage increases and recommendations for disciplining, hiring, and firing subordinates.
9. Keep records on employee’s performance and attendance.
10. Assist the General Manager in creating the annual Reserve Budget for Security. Review the current reserve study and recommend replacement of major items when necessary. Collect bids to estimate the replacement cost of items proposed for replacement.
11. Assist the General Manager in purchasing Reserve items approved by the Board for replacement. In addition, assist the General Manger in selecting contractors and overseeing contracted projects.
12. Assist the General Manager in creating the annual Operating Budget by estimating future staffing needs, supplies, and operating expenses for the Security Department.
13. Provide Monthly reports to the General Manager or Office staff as requested. This may include an operational summary, Board of Director’s report, operating income/expense variance reports, daily security log, etc.
14. Create and Maintain a Security Department SOP that outlines standard practices and procedures for the staff’s reoccurring duties.
15. Must maintain and have a thorough knowledge of:
a. LACC rules and regulations
c. Security communication systems
d. Building security systems
e. CCTV systems
f. Gate operating procedures
g. Gate Mechanical System to conduct minor repairs
16. Security Chief is the primary LACC liaison with Plumas County Sheriff, Peninsula Fire District and CHP.
17. When necessary, fill-in for staff by acting as a Patrolman or Gate Attendant.
18. Conduct minor accident investigations when appropriate. Call local Law Enforcement to conduct investigations of serious accidents within LACC.
19. Prepare miscellaneous reports as required.
20. Perform first aid and rescue work in emergency situations. Must obtain a CPR card and be certified to use a defibrillator.
21. Assist other departments when necessary including jobs such as snow removal, banking deposits/transactions, delivery/pick-up of items to/from member homes, etc.
22. Direct staff to watch for new construction or installations within the Country Club and check with the office staff for permits.
23. Maintain a neat and orderly appearance.
24. Conduct regular maintenance on patrol vehicles to include:
a. Keeping the interior clean
b. Washing the exterior at least once a week
c. Wax vehicles twice a year
d. Arrange for vehicle maintenance and repairs with the maintenance department or with outside mechanics
25. Bring to the attention of the General Manager possible safety problems.
26. Attend staff meetings and Committee meetings as necessary.
27. Perform additional duties as may be required.
Lake Almanor Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Lake Almanor Country Club’s policy to make all employment decisions without regard to an individual’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Lake Almanor Country Club is an equal opportunity employer and selects employees on the basis of qualifications. Please contact the General Manager of Lake Almanor Country Club if you have any questions or complaints regarding this policy.