Lake of the Pines Association
Lead Cook – FT Position
Lake of the Pines Homeowners Association is accepting applications for the position of Lead Cook.
Lake of the Pines is a 2,000-home gated private community located in the foothills of Northern California between the towns of Auburn and Grass Valley. Among its numerous amenities, the community boasts of a 230-acre private lake and a 19-hole golf course as two of its prime amenities. This is a FT, nonexempt position with a salary range of $15.52 – $17.11 and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation and sick leave; 401k and facility use privileges including golf, swimming pool, beaches, parks, tennis and discounted meals. Pre-employment drug screen and background search required following conditional offer of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for the physical aspect of the kitchen operation, including supervision of kitchen personnel as well as the preparation and serving of food.
• Responsible for Sous Chef’s duties in Chef’s absence.
• Prepare or oversee preparation, handling, and storage of all food.
• Actively train and work with kitchen personnel toward the goal of continuous enhancement of kitchen staff skill level.
• Under instruction of Executive Chef, maintain health and cleanliness standards of kitchen facilities.
• Plan and prepare meals.
• Interact with service staff where needed to communicate instructions regarding food and food service.
• May take monthly inventory.
• Insure that opening and closing procedures are completed correctly.
• Supervisory Responsibilities – In Sous Chef’s absence, carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Perform duties with regular and predictable attendance.
• Perform duties with the responsibility to get along and work effectively with others.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to perform to high standard every aspect in a commercial kitchen including prep, line grill, sauté, broiler, presentation, etc.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in training prep and line cooks.
• Open availability including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Applications are available online at www.lop.org under About Us. Email resume and application by responding to this ad, fax application and resume to (530) 268- 8014, or mail to Lake of the Pines Association, Attn: Human Resources, 11665 Lakeshore N., Auburn, CA 95602