Lake of the Pines Homeowners Association (LOP) is accepting applications for the position of Public Works I. The schedule will be Monday/Tuesday – Friday/Saturday, 40 hours a week. This is an entry level position in the Public Works department.
Lake of the Pines is a 2,000-home gated private community located in the foothills of Northern California between the towns of Auburn and Grass Valley. Among its numerous amenities, the community boasts of a 230-acre private lake and a 19-hole golf course as two of its prime amenities. This is a FT, hourly position with salary range of $15.09 – $15.68 per hour. Excellent
benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation and sick leave; 401k and facility use privileges including golf, swimming pool, beaches, parks, tennis and discounted meals. Pre-employment drug screen and background search required following a conditional offer of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• General landscaping to include mowing, trimming hedges, irrigation repairs, pruning/cutting trees and shrubs, and applying fertilizers and pesticides.
• Perform carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting and mechanical repairs as needed to common area equipment, facilities and spaces.
• Operate vehicles and light equipment. Operate all hand and power tools necessary to complete the above duties, with some knowledge of their repair and maintenance.
• Perform cleaning, repairs and restocking of public area bathrooms.
• Install and maintain culverts, ditches, drains, street signs and reflectors.
• Patch and repair asphalt, and paint road striping.
• Perform heavy manual labor, cleanup and other duties as required.
• Perform duties with regular and predictable attendance.
• Perform duties with the responsibility to get along and work effectively with others.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years’ experience in landscaping, maintenance, and operating power tools/landscaping equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or on small crews.
• Pesticide/herbicide application experience (or license) is highly desirable.
• Prior HOA experience desirable.
• Valid California Driver license in good standing.
• Knowledge of standard practices of construction and maintenance.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with appropriate assistance.
• Tuesday – Saturday schedule and open availability including early mornings; some weekends and holidays are required.
Applications are available online at www.lop.org under About Us/Employment Information. Email resume and employment application by responding to this ad, or fax application and resume to 530-268-8014, or mail to Lake of the Pines Association, Attn: Human Resources, 11665 Lakeshore N., Auburn, CA 95602.