Job Title: Landscape Irrigation Technician
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under the oversight of the Lead Foreman, the Irrigation Technician works in conjunction with the Irrigation Specialist performing irrigation repairs on contract sites within Butte County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be supervised and evaluated by Lead Foreman. Irrigation Technician would coordinate with the Irrigation Specialist on contract needs and either operate a separate utility vehicle and respond to repairs alone, or alongside the Irrigation Specialist.
- Performs job responsibilities in a manner which demonstrates good work habits and safety awareness.
- Performs irrigation maintenance/repair tasks such as repair/replace PVC pipe, clean and replace sprinklers, install, adjust and/or wire irrigation controllers, dig irrigation trenches, install new valves, install drip
- Performs basic servicing on maintenance equipment and vehicle assigned to crew, and helps to ensure cleanliness of work station.
- Help department with landscape renovations of customer’s landscaped areas.
- May be required to perform landscape maintenance tasks such as sweeping, raking, pruning, weeding, moving debris, and utilizing power equipment such as 21” mower, 36/48” mowers, blower, edger, weed eater, and
- Prior irrigation experience required.
- Employee must be able to stay on the job site, and work independently, unless otherwise requested by
- Fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice on file, as a condition of continued employment. Must pass post-offer, pre-employment drug screen analysis.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and maintain a clear DMV record to be insurable by the Work Training Center’s carrier.
Minimum Age: 18
Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Other (specify)
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: No
Minimum Salary: 17.00 Hour Maximum Salary: 18.00 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, Retirement/Pension, Flexible Benefit Account
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email, By Phone, Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Company Website: http://www.wtcinc.org/careers
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://wtcinc.org/careers/
WORK TRAINING CENTER
2255 Fair Street
Chico, CA 95928