Under general supervision, performs a variety of maintenance, operations support, and delivery functions for Lassen Family Services, Inc; receives, stores, and distributes contributions of household appliances, and personal items to Lassen Family Services, Inc. participants; performs basic repairs and maintenance on agency facilities; provides lawn and grounds maintenance work; and provides delivery and courier assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include: Performs a variety of basic general maintenance on Lassen Family Services, Inc. buildings and equipment; mows lawns and maintains the grounds in a clean and orderly condition at the shelter and business offices; when approved by management/supervisory staff; distributes contributions to Lassen Family Services, Inc. participants, when transitioning from Shelter to community living; assembles furniture and equipment, when necessary; assists participants and staff with moving and setting up equipment,; inspects facilities, identifying safety hazards and maintenance requirements, reporting conditions to appropriate staff; assists with obtaining skilled craft persons for major repairs and oversees their work; moves furniture and equipment, obtaining assistance, when necessary; performs a variety of delivery and courier assignments; operates hand tools, power equipment, and vehicles.
Skills and Abilities:
• Perform a variety of basic maintenance work in the upkeep of Lassen Family Services facilities and buildings.
• Perform inspections and identify conditions which require maintenance and repair.
• Perform storekeeping and inventory record keeping.
• Performs grounds keeping and landscape maintenance.
• Perform a variety of driving, delivery, and courier assignments.
• Follow oral and written directions.
• Learn and understand the needs of people who have experienced domestic and/or sexual violence.
• Work with people from a variety of socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deal tactfully and courteously with the public and participants when explaining the functions, policies, and operations of Lassen Family Services, Inc.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Best practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in the building and maintenance trades.
• Safe driving and work practices and procedures.
• Storekeeping and inventory methods and procedures.
• Grounds keeping and landscape maintenance.
About Lassen Family Services, Inc.
Lassen Family Services, Inc. (LFS) is a domestic violence/ sexual assault crisis agency committed to ending abuse in our community through Prevention, Healing, Advocacy, Safety, Education, compassionate intervention, and effective partnerships with local community and social service agencies that will support and empower the participant’s journey to success. LFS is an EEO employer.