This position will coordinate the planning and inspection of work necessary to upgrade LMUD’s electrical equipment and infrastructure, prepare bid packages and maps, update GIS information, and assist other staff with follow up and inspections to complete service installations and modifications in accordance with construction specifications, regulatory requirements and the District’s Service Policy.
Essential Functions will include:
· Assists Electric Operations Manager in developing projects, specifications, bid packages, permits and authorization for new or reconstructed lines, right-of-way improvements, equipment improvements that reduce wildfire risk, additions and improvements to the electrical distribution and transmission system in accordance with District specifications, National Electric Safety Coe, State and other regulatory requirements;
· Perform mapping necessary to maintain project engineering working files to reflect existing system status;
· Investigate proposed changes to rights-of-way or permits;
· Conduct field inspections of construction projects and perform audits for field work orders;
· Work with contractors and developers regarding easements and authority to proceed with project components.
Minimum Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of, and ability to learn, methods, materials and equipment used in the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission lines;
· GO 95 Tree trimming standards and utility line clearance tree trimming;
· Safe work methods;
· Good working knowledge of the basic electricity and ability to learn National Electrical Safety Code, District Service Requirement Policy, governmental requirements and constructions standards;
An equivalent combination of education, experience and training may be considered.
Applicants should be prepared to be tested to demonstrate their abilities.
Finalist will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination and alcohol/drug screening.
EOE.Minimum Education and Experience