Tend laundering machines to clean articles such as wearing apparel, sheets, blankets, and other linens used by the hotel and guests.
- Load articles into washer and ads specific amount of detergent, soap, or other cleaning agent. Turn valve to fill washer with water. Start machine that automatically washes and rinses articles. Place clean, wet articles into wringers and driers for measured time cycles.
- Sort dried articles according to identification number or type. Fold and place item in appropriate storage bin.
- Execute all work processes safely. Observe all safety procedures and operate machinery always in keeping with safety and OSHA requirements.
- Daily clean and maintain equipment and machinery. Perform all Preventative maintenance required or contact supervisor and/or maintenance department.
- Manage for the company all linens, terry, and other materials in a manner that properly cleans, extends the life, and ensures the product being used by the guest. Mend torn articles using needle and thread.
- All folding of terry and linen will be in compliance with the Style Guide according to Brand Standard.
- Delivery and Stocking of terry and linen in all linen closets, Housekeeping carts, Fitness Center, and Pool.
- Ensure properly trained in use and handling of chemicals, Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensure work areas are left clean and organized.
- Interact with guests at times by acknowledgment and seeing to any special needs, engaging in friendly conversation.
- Ensure that guest requests are completed in the time allotted in Starguest System. Weekly review Starguest reports for Housekeeping Requests and ensure department is On Brand.
- Assist Housekeeping in the cleaning of Guest Rooms and Public Areas.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
- Environmental conditions are inside. A job is considered inside if staff member spends approximately 75 percent or more of time inside. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to four (4) hours in length.
- Exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Ability to work primarily with fingers to pick, pinch, type and carry out substantial movements (motions) of the wrists and hands as well.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Assist with any guest inquiry.
- Enforce hotel safety standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to follow and understand simple instructions.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Learn simple procedures and techniques.
- Perform routine work or the same task repeatedly.
High School Completion OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
Hospitality experience preferred
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
All Staff Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Azul Hospitality standards. Refer to the property specific required grooming and uniform standards policy.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Azul Hospitality, from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Staff with irregular attendance / tardiness will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all staff is required to fully comply with Azul Hospitality rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotels facilities. Staff members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, staff members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a staff member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.Minimum Education and Experience