Job Description: Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Lead Carpenter will provide on-site coordination of all construction tasks while executing profitable production activities which support the goals of Synergy Builders. The Lead Carpenter will coordinate the work completed by subcontractors and all other personnel from Synergy Builders so that the project deadlines are met and quality standards are achieved.
Lead Carpenter Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insures company and client satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication by all employees on job site;
- Exercises excellent carpenter skills and communicates superior knowledge of the construction trades;
- Attends all meetings approved by the Project Manager with clients, architects, vendors and sub-contractors to discuss the construction project’s schedule and work expectations;
- Develops project production schedule/critical path in advance of each project’s commencement and maintains the schedule through monitoring material delivery, assignment of and supervision of labor, and scheduling and monitoring of subcontractor’s work. The schedule may be adjusted, as needed, based upon production realities;
- Verifies and confirms material lead times and purchase orders, as needed, to maintain efficient scheduling;
- Daily informs Project Manager of the progress of the project, including customer concerns, project delays and changes in scheduling of work;
- Advises subcontractors of proposed schedule and supervises project activities of independent subcontractors through verbal and written communications;
- Supervises the activities of Synergy Builder’s field carpenters;
- Responsible for profitable use of Synergy Builders’ time management, manpower and materials on each construction project, as reflected in the project estimating sheet;
- Maintains operational inventory of necessary equipment and tools to perform required tasks and activities, as assigned by Project Manager;
- Increase personal professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars and shows to obtain information about new products and new installation procedures.
Lead Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications:
- Achieved and maintain the NARI Certified Lead Carpenter designation and certification as Journeyman Carpenter in California; or within first six months of employment;
- Possession of current certifications from California OSHA and CPR/First Aid, as well as having a valid California Driver’s License;
- Experience which includes a minimum of ten (10) years on the job work as a carpenter in residential and/or commercial construction;
- Educational experience gained from a college or technical school in construction management or construction-related subject;
- Exhibits ability to read blue prints and demonstrates good follow through in completion of tasks;
- Organized, detail-oriented person who manages time wisely and is able to determine proper priority to place on essential tasks required for completion of project.
- Must be in possession of reliable transportation.
Physical Skills Required of Lead Carpenter:
- Able to read complex, detailed documents and blue prints with clear understanding of the documents;
- Understand oral and written instructions and is able to give clear, concise direction to subcontractors and employees who work under his supervision;
- Is in good physical condition and able to physically stand, sit and walk freely for a full eight-hour workday without physical fatigue;
- Has good sense of balance and is not afraid of heights;
- Physically able to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds, or team lift weights of up to 80 pounds, repeatedly on numerous occasions during a single day;
- Exhibits good eye sight and hearing
- Exhibits good measuring ability and ability to determine appropriate angles for tight angular construction;
- Understands appropriate use of construction tools and equipment and demonstrates appropriate operation of power tools.
Personal Skills Required of Lead Carpenter:
- Maintains self in clean, pleasing appearance at all times; work uniform, groomed etc.
- Displays a professional behavior and positive attitudes regarding job duties and Synergy Builders in all communications with clients, subcontractors, building inspectors, as well as interaction with fellow employees;
- Self-confident in personal work skills and knowledge of job responsibilities;
- Able to comfortably meet new clients, vendors, subcontractors, as well as inspectors who may frequent the work site.
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Minimum Salary: $30.00 Hour Maximum Salary: $45.00 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
How to Apply: Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oroville, CA 95966