We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Lead Cook
Reports to: F & B Manager
Location: Yreka, CA
Salary: Salary Level 6, depending on experience
Classification: Full Time, Regular, Non-Exempt, Non-Entry Level
Responsible for overseeing, training, and guiding all BOH staff and assist FOH supervisor with FOH staff. Responsible for cooking and plating all food orders in an efficient, healthful, and attractive manner. Maintains the production line and prep area. Oversees food preparation, logs food waste and reports to Kitchen manager all efficiencies and deficiencies in operation.
- Must be able to work in a fast food ticket time environment handling multiple tickets efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible for food preparation following standardized recipes.
- Ensure that all food is handled and cooked in a wholesome, sanitary manner.
- Maintain kitchen and supply room in a sanitary and organized fashion.
- Completes side duties and prep list as directed by the Kitchen Manager in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow plate presentation specifications as directed while working in the RR restaurant.
- Ability to receive and inspect all deliveries for accuracy and quality.
- Follow all applicable food codes for proper storage of goods.
- Assist in kitchen inventory as directed by Kitchen manager and is knowledgeable about our inventory P & Ps and follows them.
- Understand, apply and maintain all sanitation rules set by FDA food code.
- As needed and during slow business periods; help out in the dish pit and all areas of kitchen cleaning.
- Informs Kitchen Manager of any kitchen problems or issues that may arise.
- Keep all foods rotated and fresh using the FIFO method (first in first out)
- Make recommendations to lead cook or chef regarding menu, recipes procedures, food supply, quality, sanitation, etc.
- Write down items that are running low on or have used and are out of.
- Provide instruction and guidance to cooks on proper practices of BOH as outlined in Policy and Procedures.
- Follow all of Rain Rock Casinos departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain appearance standards as outlined in departmental and RRC and Hotel policies.
- Answer the phone, and keeps an accurate transfer list of department phone extensions.
- Promote and maintain a team environment at all times.
- Provide information and explain Players Club benefits, property amenities & marketing programs to our guests.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Shall be polite and maintain a priority system in accepting other position related job duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must be able to work in a smoke-filled and hot temperature environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast past, high stress environment.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills or abilities required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED (required).
- Must possess current Food Handlers card or ability to obtain certification within 30 days.
- Must possess current Serve Safe Manager certificate or obtain certification within 90 days.
- Four (4) years minimum line cook experience preferred, and ability to read and understand recipes.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out multiple step instructions.
- Fine dining guest relations history preferred.
- Must possess reasonable ability to communicate in English.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be insurable by the RRC’s insurance carrier.
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required.
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must adhere to confidentiality policy.
- Must successfully pass a drug screening test and criminal background check.
- Indian preference will be observed in the hiring process.
Veteran’s Preference: It shall be the policy of the Karuk Tribe and Rain Rock Casino to provide preference in hiring to qualified applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference who have been discharged from the United States Armed Forces with honorable and under honorable conditions.Must possess current Food Handlers cardMinimum Education and Experience