County of Tehama
Red Bluff, CA
Facilities Maintenance Department
Salary: $18.03 – $21.92 Hourly | $1,442.40 – $1,753.60 Biweekly
Full-Time with Benefits
The Tehama County Facilities Maintenance Department has an anticipated retirement as of August 25, 2023, and is looking fora Lead Custodian who has great cleaning skills, attention to detail, and enjoys being a leader!
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position, under the direction of the Facilities Maintenance & Improvement Director, performs lead custodial duties in the maintenance of County buildings. They provide lead direction of Custodians and work release volunteers. This position has no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
Examples of Duties
- Maintains County buildings in accordance with established standards of cleanliness and order.
- Assigns and oversees the work of subordinate custodial personnel as assigned; provides training as needed.
- Performs routine custodial duties, including but not limited to cleaning and disinfecting offices and restrooms; dusting and waxing fixtures and/or furniture; sweeping, mopping, stripping, waxing and/or buffing floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpets; sweeping walks and stairs; washing walls and windows; cleaning air vents and light fixtures; disposing of waste and soiled items, etc.
- Applies insect/pest control measures as needed.
- Methods, materials, equipment and procedures used in janitorial work;
- The use and maintenance of custodial equipment;
- Applicable Federal, State, County, Department, and Division laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of tools and equipment as necessary in the performance of daily activities;
- Provide leadership to Custodians and work release volunteers as assigned;
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions or directions;
- Maintain records related to the work
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in maintenance, janitorial or other related fields.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License and Special Requirements:
- Requires possession of a valid California driver’s license.
The department is recruiting for one (1) vacancy as of August 25, 2023.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future full-time vacancies for a Lead Custodian, aswell as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have questions about this recruitment please contact:
Tehama County Facilities Maintenance, Director, Drew Cheney
530-527-4630 | firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana)and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT / VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY /DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE