Tehama County Library
Part-time (.40 FTE)
Salary: Library Clerk I- $14.07 – $15.51/hr
Application Deadline: 5PM on September 17, 2021
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The mission of the Tehama County Library is to maintain and improve the quality of life for all citizens of our community by providing resources that enhance and contribute to individual knowledge, enlightenment, and enjoyment in the most efficient manner possible. We especially recognize our responsibility to serve as an archive for the rich historical resources of our area and as a place for children to discover the joy of reading and the value of libraries.
Ideal candidates have a passion for reading and learning as well as have good English, math and computer skills. Additionally, candidates should be detail-oriented with great people skills. Candidates should also have excellent memorization, organization and research skills.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Performs circulation duties as required, including checking materials in and out of the library, emptying the book drop, registering new patrons, issuing library cards, and receiving and receipting payments for overdue or lost materials, etc.
- Performs various duties involved in library technical services, including preparing and receiving/checking in book shipments, routing books to branch locations, etc.
- Assists patrons with routine reference questions and directs patrons to appropriate resources within the library; reserves books and materials for patrons; assists patrons in the use of library equipment and resources.
- Performs daily library opening/closing procedures as directed.
- Performs other library duties as needed, including but not limited reading shelves to ensure proper filing, shelving library materials, dusting and straightening shelves, etc.
- Assists in maintaining periodical displays.
- Compiles data for and prepares various records and reports as required.
- Assists in maintaining supply and equipment inventory.
- Performs general office/administrative duties as necessary, including but not limited to entering data into the computer, typing forms, typing reports and correspondence, processing mail, copying and filing documents, answering the telephone, attending meetings, etc.
- Receives and responds to inquiries and complaints from patrons.
- Assists with special programs and activities as requested.
- Assists in maintaining neat and clean public and work areas.
- Performs related work as required.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment, computers, and basic mathematics
- Record keeping principles and procedures
- Computer applications related to the work
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Techniques for dealing effectively with and providing a high level of customer service to all individuals contacted in the course of work
- Read and write at a level necessary for successful completion of job duties
- Learn to operate a library computer terminal
- Learn basic library policies and practices
- Use computers for data and word processing
- Type with accuracy and adequate speed
- Work independently and as a team member
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical time deadlines
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment and specialized software applications programs
- Assemble and analyze information and prepare written reports and records in a clear and concise manner
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
- Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade.
- One (1) year of experience working in a library is desirable.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
For questions about this recruitment contact:
530-0527-0604 | firstname.lastname@example.org