Tehama County Health Services Agency
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
SALARY: $47.23 – $57.41 Hourly | $3,778.40 – $4,592.80 Biweekly
In compliance with current regulations in the state of California, this position does not require employees to obtain a COVID-19 vaccination, although it is highly recommended.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
Tehama County Health Services Agency is committed to a healthy community. We provide integrated services to Tehama County residents through education, prevention, assessment, intervention, treatment, and follow up. Our staff are valued for their contributions to client care, whether they work in direct services or are in key support roles. We collaborate, communicate, and support each other so we can focus on what’s most important, the overall health of our clients.
Every position is a key position at Health Services. We value input, good communication, and collaboration within our organization as well as with our agency partners. If you would enjoy working with people who are committed to the health of our residents, then our agency would like to hear from you.
Incumbents in this position, under the direction of an assigned manager, plans, implements, administers, and evaluates the delivery of a variety of the Health Services Agency’s programs and services as assigned. They provide clinical and/or administrative supervision of subordinate staff, assuring that effective and appropriate care is provided. This position also advises and collaborates with other staff and interdisciplinary treatment teams in diagnosis and treatment planning.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Within scope of practice, supervises, monitors and evaluates the daily clinical work of assigned staff and interdisciplinary teams.
- Develops, recommends, and implements Division policies and procedures and work standards.
- Develops and provides training to staff on professional responsibilities, technical skills, quality of care, and scope of practice.
- Principles, practices, methods and procedures of nursing as applied in a behavioral health or medical/health setting
- Principles and practices of legal, ethical, and professional rules of conduct
- Principles and techniques of teaching, counseling, interviewing, and history taking
- Analyze complex behavioral health or medical problems, evaluate alternatives and make effective recommendations
- Use independent judgment and discretion in supervising various programs
- Make sound, educated decisions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. An Associate’s degree in Nursing with a Master’s degree in a health related field may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
- Two (2) years of professional nursing experience in a public or private setting. One (1)year of supervisory experience is desirable.
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
License and Special Requirements:
- Requires a valid California driver’s license
- Requires a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the State of California
- Must complete periodic continuing education coursework as required to maintain active licensure
Current CPR certification
- Must possess, or be willing to obtain, National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Must not be excluded from participation in any federally funded health care program including, without limitation, Medicare or Medi-Cal.
The department currently has one (1) vacancy.
In addition, Tehama County is establishing an eligibility list to fill future vacancies for a Licensed Clinical Nurse Supervisor as well as subsequent vacancies which occur during the life of the eligibility list.
Please submit ALL required documents when applying such as, copies of all required degrees and/or certifications as outlined in the job description. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions about this recruitment, contact:
530-527-8491 | email@example.com
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of background, fingerprinting, drug test (including marijuana) and physical examination provided by the County.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANT/VETERANS’ PREFERENCE POLICY / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE